New Job Watch Clerk In Alberta
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $40.04 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1938
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately twelve (12) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 84 hours bi-weekly (Shift schedule, day and night shift position)
Department/ Branch: Community and Protective Services, RCMP Support Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL7
Rate*: $ 40.04
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 14/05/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Watch Clerk provides operational and administrative support to all RCMP/Bylaw members working during an assigned shift. The position uses various computer systems including, but not limited to, PROS, CPIC, CIIDS, JOIN and REPORT EXEC to obtain, assess, and distribute information.
Provide first line support for member safety, running queries for emergent situations and perform status updates (10-70 checks).
- Initiate dispatch of supports, as required.
- Receive and dispatch emergency calls during NAOCC outages, PULSE inquires and RMWB after-hours calls.
- Update Members’ schedules within TEAM to reflect court or other relevant dates and perform the overtime callouts for RCMP Members.
- Monitor base radio station transmission for both rural and municipal repeaters.
- Accurately record and modify data on PROS, CIIDS, Report Exec and any other applicable databases.
- Advise the applicable RMWB contact when hazards are identified that impact public safety (i.e., traffic lights out, electrical box issues), as per applicable processes.
- Pull and replace files, warrants, issue and replace required equipment.
- Review files to ensure PROS compatibility, adherence to UCR rules, and that they are complete for administrative purposes.
- Answer multi-line phone, respond promptly, provide information, process direct calls, and take accurate messages while ensuring to follow all applicable RCMP and municipal policies.
- Assist Members/Units not assigned to a watch with various tasks related to the operation of the detachment.
- Input data to create various reports including the watch report, which details the events of the shift for distribution within the detachment.
- Enter, revise, or remove warrants, prohibitions, conditions, stolen vehicles, missing persons and prepare narrative messages on CPIC.
- Monitor and record time frames during critical incidents to accurately depict the events as they unfold.
- Prepare various court and release documents.
- Provide customer service at the front counter.
- Accept and process Criminal Record Check applications upon receipt.
- Complete TSS collision reports as per required process.
- Transcribe audio taped statements.
- Receive and record probationers and parolees’ attendance at the detachment (in person or by phone).
- Assist with orientation and training of detachment staff as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, collaborative, and productive work relationships.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, composure, and diplomacy in a demanding work environment that may include stressful situations.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Actively seeks to understand information communicated by listening and asking for clarification when needed.
- Ability to clarify and convey information in a clear and concise manner, in person, via phone, and/or radio.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills along with a detail-oriented work style to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse range of people, using judgement, tact, and sound decision-making skills, sometimes in conflict situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certificate in Business Administration, Criminal Law, Office Administration, Policing, or related field is required.
- Two (2) years of experience in a fast paced, responsible, clerical, (operational or administrative) support position is required.
- Related experience in a police or legal environment is an asset.
- Previous radio experience is an asset.
A valid Class Five (5) Operator’s License is an asset.
- Equipment field testing and/or competency testing will be required as part of the interview evaluation.
- Ability to work a rotating shift that includes holidays, evening/night shift, and weekends.
- Ability to acquire and maintain an RCMP enhanced reliability security clearance is required.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.