New Job Associate Registrar, Student Records In Alberta
ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR, STUDENT RECORDS
Company : NORQUEST COLLEGE
Salary : $84,748 - $105,965 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Description: ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR, STUDENT RECORDS
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Office of the Registrar (OR) team as the Associate Registrar, Student Records. If you’re ready to “bring it” every day to lead a team in delivering exceptional student service in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for someone who will be audaciously focused on helping people succeed, model dependability, and always find ways forward.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE*
- Schedule and supervise the day-to-day operations of the team as it relates to student records and general information.
- Supervise and regularly evaluate staff performance. Train and motivate staff.
- Implement goals, expectations and service standards set by OR management.
- Work with other Office of the Registrar teams and leaders to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Identify and resolve escalated student issues as they relate to unit activities. Respond to informal issues/complaints and oversee preparation of recommendations for formal appeals.
- Prepare reports, summaries or other documents as required for OR management.
- Oversee ongoing updating of training materials, desk manuals, and other reference sources for the unit.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A university degree in a related discipline. (Equivalencies may be considered.)
- Ideally, you have 3-5 years of experience working in an Office of the Registrar or student services role, and at least three years of leadership experience.
- You put people first. You have superior communications and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience working with a student information system (PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred).
- You have experience developing and adapting work schedules in a dynamic environment.
- You’re proficient using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- You have a strong working knowledge of FOIP legislation.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
- You have a genuine passion for leading and for serving students and NorQuesters.
- You’re able to have brave, honest conversations with staff and students towards the goal of making NorQuest a better place to study and work.
- You’re dependable, taking responsibility for your actions and following through (even if no one is watching).
- You’re a critical thinker who can solve problems and anticipate/manage change.
- You’re compassionate. You listen first and the stance you start from includes a genuine smile.
SALARY: $84,748 - $105,965 per annum, reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs. This is a term position until July 2023.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
In our ongoing commitment to keep all NorQuest employees safe, our campus and work environments have a full COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place. Ensuring that all NorQuest employees are fully vaccinated is an approach to health and safety that is best suited for the learning, working, and living environments of our college.
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021-3255
CLOSING DATE: November 26, 2021*
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time