New Job Support Worker 0.6 In Manitoba
|Support Worker 0.6|
Support Worker 0.6
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $18.75–$21.25 an hour
Location : Manitoba
0.6 Permanent Part-Time Support Worker – 3 Evenings/3 Nights
The YWCA Brandon is looking for a 0.6 Permanent Part-Time Support Worker who has experience in the bender based violence sector, homelessness and working with diverse groups within the Westman region. The 0.6 Part-time Support Worker will be responsible for assisting clients within the Shelter space. The role will provide support and empower clients by connecting with them during their shift either one-on-one or in a group atmosphere. The position will help document client notes in WISH and HIFIS. They will assist with dispensing medication, preparing meals and ensuring the Shelter’s health and safety standards are maintained by performing cleaning duties as needed. On occasion, the Support Worker may provide short term respite care to children within the Shelter setting to allow the parent personal self-care time. This role will also assist with the Residential program as needed.
We are looking for key areas of experience to fill this position:
- Experience working in a Trauma Informed setting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in Gender Based Violence preferred
- Maintain highly private and confidential information
- Ability to self manage and have initiative to take on projects that require completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Promotes a healthy and reliable work environment.
- High attention to detail when completing client notes in WISH or HIFIS
- Present an image of a positive role model to clients within Shelter
- Capable of creating and implementing boundaries for a healthy work and life balance
- Able to handle highly stressful situations calmly and with professionalism
- Knowledge and ability to create positive working relationships with internal co-workers and external agencies
- Food Safe Certification, and First Aid/CPR are required for this position
- Criminal Record Check and Adult/Child Abuse Registry required
A full job description is available upon request – [email protected]
We are looking for a highly experienced individual who is committed to helping the YWCA Brandon move in the direction associated with the Vision and Mission of the organization.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by no later than noon May 30th, 2023.
No phones call please – only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $18.75-$21.25 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB R7A 4J4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- supportive care: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-30