New Job Supervisor, Client Services - Rcmp In British Columbia
|Supervisor, Client Services - RCMP|
Supervisor, Client Services - RCMP
Company : City of Vernon
Salary : $39.15 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Supervisor, Client Services - RCMP
Competition #: 94-COV-23
Closing Date: Internal applicants – May 15, 2023
External applicants – May 22, 2023
Rate of Pay: $39.15 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 10 – Schedule A (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Reporting to the General Manager, Municipal Support Services - RCMP, the incumbent performs reception and complaint taking duties. In addition, this position takes a lead role in daily operations of front counter, switchboard, reception, and clerical areas. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the Watch Clerk and Client Services Units in providing support to the operational RCMP investigators of the Vernon/North Okanagan RCMP Detachment.
- Reviews and authorizes timesheets from Watch Clerks, RCMP Clerical, and Client Services staff on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- Coordinates work and work assignments for the Watch Clerks, Client Services Unit and schedules RCMP Clerical staff to maintain Watch Clerk and front-end staffing levels as required.
- Receives leave requests from all municipal staff and schedules coverage when required; ensures approved requests are attached to timesheets for each pay period. Maintains staff absence/vacation calendar on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in the training and performance management of Watch Clerk and Client Services staff.
- Accepts and assesses reported offences and other matters over the counter; obtains details of complaints and documents using PRIME; determines the appropriate action and refers matters to the appropriate authority or takes proper action. The work is performed according to established procedures with only difficult enquiries or problems referred to a superior.
- Provides a wide variety of information ranging from general direction to specific instructions to the general public including insurance adjusters and other professional persons.
- Facilitates and coordinates applications for liquor licenses and ATVs permits.
- Issues subpoenas in accordance with applicable regulation.
- Receives and controls fine money after court hours, verifying the warrant and the amount to be received.
- Returns, in person or mails out, driver’s licenses that have been received by police as a result of 24-hour suspensions, pursuant to the Motor Vehicle Act.
- Receives and records found property and processes the corresponding PRIME documentation. Returns found property to rightful owners and obtains appropriate receipts.
- Maintains detachment security by ensuring all non-detachment personnel are properly identified; provides escorts, as required, to restricted areas within the police complex.
- Maintains records in relation to the identity and timely compliance with judicial direction of all probationers, persons on parole, temporary drivers and individuals with travel permits required to report to the police on a regular basis.
- Conducts detailed Police Information Checks (using PRIME/PIRS/CPIC/JUSTIN) for various purposes and provides the results to the individual making the request.
- Acts as a Watch Clerk or Switchboard Operator as required.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail and packages.
- Shift work may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the city in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of a recognized certificate program in office administration, legal secretary, or equivalent.
- Completion of coursework or training in PRIME and CPIC.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a police, legal, court services, or public service environment, in the areas of reception, customer service, complaint taking, and problem resolution, including at least six months in a supervisory role.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to coach and develop employees to achieve success.
- Sound knowledge of the operational filing system and skill in the operation of PRIME, PIRS and CPIC applications.
- Sound knowledge of computers MS Office software and general office equipment.
- Sound knowledge of the Criminal Code, Federal and Provincial Statutes, Municipal Bylaws and rules of collecting evidence.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Deals courteously, firmly and tactfully with the public on the telephone and in person concerning a wide variety of complaints, problems and situations.
- Exercises mature judgment in dealing with employee relations issues.
- Ability to interact with various Federal, Provincial, Municipal and private agencies and the general public.
- Knowledge of community-based policing and priority response.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an acceptable criminal record check.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and maintain successful Commissioner of Oaths designation.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
- Internal applicants are asked to complete the Internal Application Form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
- This position may be considered as a Development Opportunity, pursuant to Article 9.03 of the CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
Education : No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset