New Job Senior Provincial Archivist In New Brunswick
|Senior Provincial Archivist
Senior Provincial Archivist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $7,908–$8,906 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Finance and Treasury Board
Senior Provincial Archivist
The Finance and Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer has a career opportunity for a Senior Provincial Archivist to lead the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick (PANB), including the provincial Records Centre. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information professionals in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create, and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its transformational business objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Provincial Archivist supports the acquisition and preservation of records that document the history of the province. Sourced from Government of New Brunswick and the public, these records tell the story of all New Brunswickers, their communities, and families.
Specific key responsibilities will include:
- Providing comprehensive and strategic policy advice, subject matter expertise, and consistent program management and leadership on PANB related matters.
- Taking a lead role to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate standards that reflect the current organizational and legal practices and requirements, including the requirements of the Archives Act.
- Leading, inspiring, and supporting a team of capable and competent professionals in the records management and archival disciplines to deliver excellent service to client departments, stakeholders, and citizens.
- Ensuring the effective management of human and financial resources by setting and evaluating staff performance targets, promoting diversity and a healthy workplace, demonstrating organizational leadership competencies, respecting corporate human resources practices, promoting teamwork and individual development, maintaining internal communication, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and accurately forecasting budget requirements for the fiscal year.
- Interacting regularly with key stakeholders such as educators, researchers, lawyers, media, sister organizations (museums, libraries, historical societies, The Associates of PANB, New Brunswick Genealogical Society, ARMA, CANB, CCA, and other archives), community groups, religious organizations, and universities.
- Collaborating with other Federal, Provincial, and Territorial Archives, to align as appropriate and to share strategies, policy, and thought leadership.
- Promoting a culture of research and learning.
- Ensuring delivery of sustainable, high-quality services to the public and stakeholders.
- Modernizing services through technology and digitization.
- Identifying funding sources to strengthen the program.
- Expanding the awareness of archives and the uses of documentary heritage.
- Improving Information management throughout GNB.
- Developing partnerships and collaborations across sectors.
- Enhancing linkages with all points in the education system, records management network, and history faculties.
- Allocating resources strategically to capitalize on opportunities.
- Streamlining modes of access to enhance and improve discoverability
- A Bachelor's Degree in History, BBA, LLB or a related field and a Masters in Archives and Information management or related field, and progressive responsibilities in archival institutions over a minimum of nine (9) years.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years of management/supervisory experience is required.
Written and spoken competence in English required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Written and spoken competence in French
- Research and writing experience
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies: Strategic Thinking, Integrity, Client Service Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Relationship/Network Building, Organizational Commitment, Results Orientation, Team Leadership and Developing Others.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: specialized subject matter expertise in Archives and Information Management; and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment
Some travel may be required.
Salary: Pay Band 8 - $3,954 to $4,453 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by May 18, 2023 indicating competition number: 10242.
Human Resources Services Phone:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!