New Job Senior Manager And Group Lead - Commercial Banking (Fredericton, Nb) In New Brunswick
|Senior Manager and Group Lead - Commercial Banking (Fredericton, NB)|
Senior Manager and Group Lead - Commercial Banking (Fredericton, NB)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Requisition ID: 178015
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager and Group Lead has a good understanding of financial products and services and focuses on the cross sell and retention of existing commercial customers. They contribute to the overall success of the New Brunswick team in Commercial Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
The Senior Manager and Group Lead is responsible for identifying prospects in target markets, developing proposed sales pipelines, conducting prospect sales calls, and qualifying opportunities based on customer information and a high level of due diligence. They manage a customer portfolio of moderate to higher complexity, with business development activities that targets clients with credit authorizations over $5MM.
In addition, the incumbent provides direction to team members in a manner consistent with the overall Commercial Bank strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture and adhering to governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for the development of a sales/marketing and client strategy for an assigned territory and for the sales management of a team of Client Relationship Managers.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides Advice and Counsel to Client Relationship Managers by:
- Developing and overseeing their marketplaces which includes coaching, prompt feedback and sound guidance on sales processes, credit presentation, portfolio management and structuring deals.
- Leading the sales effort to achieve the overall profit plan goals within the assigned market area
Promotes the development & profitable growth of the portfolio in the assigned market area by:
- Developing and implementing a marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Developing sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
- Identifying prospects/referrals from other internal/external networks;
- Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on market data
- Partnering with internal resources for non-credit related products
- Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Banking segment and partners as appropriate.
Manages an assigned customer portfolio at an acceptable level of risk by:
- Completing credit reviews in a timely and sufficiently detailed fashion
- Authorizing, renewing, or declining customer requests within standard Bank policies and authorized limits, forwarding others as per established processes.
- Preparing and/or ensuring all documentation is properly prepared
- Ensuring accounts adhere to the conditions of authorization
- Identifying and resolving deviations from the conditions of authorization
- Ensuring early identification of problem loans and ensuring the accuracy of risk ratings through identification of changes in account quality via review of industry/economic trends
- Making recommendations relative to structure, monitoring and risk rating to Global Risk Management as issues are identified.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Reports into the Director and Group Lead
- The incumbent will manage a team of 3-5 individuals.
- The incumbent will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients and contribute and held accountable for their portion of the overall target of the NB/PEI region.
- The clients being serviced are in NB, although they could have operations across the country and/or in international locations.
- These clients will be both borrowing and non-borrowing
- Borrowing Clients typically have moderate to higher complexity financial solutions).
- The incumbent will interact primarily with various internal partners which include: Global Risk Management, the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Unit CRA, Wealth Management, Global Banking and Markets, Payments and Cash Management and could include other partners as well as the Commercial Banking Executive Office.
- The incumbent will also interact with external parties such as Solicitors, Accountants, Professional Service Providers and possibly External Bank Groups.
- The incumbent continually works with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The incumbent looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in business or economics or work equivalency.
- Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Previous work experience of at least 5 years is preferred
- Very strong credit acumen
- Strong relationship-management, sales and negotiation skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong knowledge of Bank’s commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model, to provide integrated financial solutions.
- Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials for deals of moderate to higher complexity
- Detailed knowledge of the assigned market area’s commercial banking marketplace, as well as key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area.
- Thorough knowledge of segment, strategies, and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Expert knowledge of people, sales management, and coaching techniques.
- Expert knowledge of interviewing, solicitation, and business development techniques.
- Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other commercial systems and platforms.
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.