New Job Senior Fiscal Planning Analyst In Saskatchewan
|Senior Fiscal Planning Analyst|
Senior Fiscal Planning Analyst
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$10,080 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Finance is seeking a highly skilled, results-oriented individual to join the Economic and Fiscal Planning Branch as a Senior Fiscal Planning Analyst.
This role is responsible for detailed fiscal analysis, which includes preparing the Government of Saskatchewan’s budget and quarterly forecasts while ensuring financial management policies and procedures are adhered to. The Ministry of Finance offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, and diversity.
The Economic and Fiscal Planning Branch, which plays a key role in the government’s fiscal planning and reporting process, is seeking a Senior Fiscal Planning Analyst who will be responsible for:
- Providing the Minister of Finance, Treasury Board, and the government with analysis and policy advice on a wide range of fiscal issues and economic trends that affect the Province’s finances;
- Delivering timely and accurate government-wide revenue forecasts along with monitoring and analysis of provincial government finances for Cabinet, Treasury Board and senior management for the development of the annual government budget, quarterly financial reports and various other fiscal policy briefing notes or analyses, as required;
- Coordinating and compiling fiscal forecasts for the medium and long term, which includes working in strategic partnership with internal and external stakeholders on those forecasts;
- Preparing publications and presentations on the government's fiscal outlook for use by a wide range of internal and external client groups;
- Shared oversight over the work of one or more analysts on a project basis including organizing tasks, determining work procedures, and providing feedback on performance;
- Participating in special studies on major government programs and initiatives to determine fiscal and economic impacts; and,
- Represent the Government of Saskatchewan on intergovernmental committees to provide information, explanations, and analysis of Saskatchewan’s fiscal situation to representatives of other governments.
The ideal candidate is someone can extract and communicate meaningful insights from complex financial data to assist in the government decision-making process. You will have:
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- A sound understanding of current public policy issues and financial management principles;
- The capability to identify and deliver key strategic insights, counsel and policy to ensure decision-making is made with the best possible advice, with a high degree of accuracy;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, along with effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills that allow you to work with and influence a variety of stakeholders;
- A good understanding of financial and accounting concepts is required to analyze and explain fiscal issues, forecasts, results and trends to Ministers, senior managers and a variety of public audiences;
- The ability to establish and achieve objectives, often under tight timelines, which may include working some evenings/weekends during peak busy periods; and,
- The ability to deal with confidential or sensitive issues.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be acquired through completion of a graduate degree in fields related to public administration, finance, accounting, economics, or public policy along with related experience, or through an undergraduate degree in those fields combined with several years of relevant progressive experience.
What We Have to Offer
The Ministry of Finance offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public services offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package, including pension;
- Career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements; and,
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications, in the MCP.06 to MCP.08 range ($6,408 - $10,080 monthly).