New Job Relief Government Services Officer In Northwest Territories
|Relief Government Services Officer|
Relief Government Services Officer
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $83,000–$99,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Tulita, NT.
The Department of Executive and Indigenous Affairs works to provide overall management and direction to the Executive branch of the Government of the Northwest Territories. The Department is responsible for: coordinating and supporting the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of initiatives and actions in support of cross-government goals The Department is responsible for ensuring mutually respectful intergovernmental relations between the territorial government and Aboriginal, provincial, territorial and national and international governments are maintained; along with negotiating and implementing land, resources And self-government agreements that address Aboriginal rights in the Northwest Territories.
Reporting to the Manager Regional Operations North, the Relief Government Services Officer will assist community residents in obtaining information about available government programs and services, support interaction between government departments and the community, and help residents complete forms and documentation required to access programs and services. The Relief Government Services Officer will also support those departments that are without an on-going community presence and help with coordination for departments already present in the community.
In rural and remote communities many services are not always available or easily accessible. The Single Window Service Center is a new initiative to improve public access to government programs and services in smaller communities. Single Window Service Centers will be located in visible and frequently visited areas within the community. The incumbent will be the front line contact for the Service Center.
- Knowledge of the mandate(s), vision(s), mission(s), organizational structures and service standards of GNWT departments.
- Knowledge of government services (including content, intent and relationship to other programs and services), delivery techniques (including timing, method, eligibility), and reporting requirements.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with particular attention to excellent customer service.
- Ability to speak the Indigenous language(s) of a community.
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to deal with all members of the public in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to research information, interpret information, and clearly explain information to others.
- A minimum of a Grade Ten (10) with two (2) years’ experience in an Administrative or Customer Service Representative capacity. Specifically, experience in the public sector, in a position involving the provision of a variety of services in an informational, public relations or problem solving role is preferred. Education in a relevant Indigenous language would be an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.