New Job Regional Sales Manager, Quebec In Quebec
|Regional Sales Manager, Quebec|
Regional Sales Manager, Quebec
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
The Lamb Company is a farmer owned cooperative that has been in business for over 50 years. We are a leading North American supplier of premium imported beef and lamb brands and specialty meats to the top retail and food service customers. We pride ourselves on the highest safety and quality standards and offer products that are traceable from Pasture to Plate.TM
Do you have fresh, frozen, or further processed meat industry sales experience across national grocery retailers and food service companies?
Are you adept at setting and executing sales strategy, relationship building, people management, forecasting, demand planning and selling high volume, high value private label and branded products?
Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment?
Are you fully bilingual?
Then read on to learn about our new opportunity in Saint-Laurent, Quebec for Regional Sales Manager, Quebec. This role will appeal to people who have a strong work ethic, great communication skills, computer proficiency and take pride in doing a good job and leading a successful team.
Reporting to the VP Sales, Canada, the Regional Sales Manager, Quebec is responsible for the Company’s sales, sales promotion, market development, and customer service activities for all of Quebec and manages one or more sales staff in fulfilling these responsibilities. This role is accountable for providing leadership, developing and implementing sales strategy, and monitoring, analyzing, and achieving sales goals as measured against agreed to plan with the goal of achieving and maximizing short and long-term margin, volume, and market retention/penetration goals for the Company’s product lines. The Regional Sales Manager contributes to ensuring that Shareholder value and returns meet expectations while maintaining certainty of supply of The Lamb Company product to all customers in the region.
- Sales Strategy: Together with the VP Sales, Canada and other members of the sales team, and working closely with the Marketing & Social Media Manager, the Regional Sales Manager researches and develops annual and longer term strategies and plans, identifying opportunities for better serving existing customers and fulfilling new customer needs in the region.
- Sales, Marketing & Procurement Plans: In conjunction with the VP Sales, Canada, and working closely with the Marketing & Social Media Manager, develops an annual sales plan and where appropriate, long term marketing plans. Leads the preparation of all sales operational plans, including sales business plans and budgets, ensuring that they are complete, align with the objectives of the organization, and adhere to statutory requirements and are completed on time. Coordinates the planning, development, issuance and delivery of company promotional and sales communications materials for the region ensuring that local requirements around language and messaging are respected.
- Leadership: Leads and manages a highly effective team that is focused on meeting or exceeding individual and organization performance targets. Ensures that the sales organization is fully staffed, trained on and understanding of business goals, needs, and direction; establishes and implements KPIs for all direct reports; monitors and manages direct report performance and overall regional performance; and plans and manages performance in collaboration with direct reports to ensure achievement of departmental and individual KPIs. Ensures the sales organization maintains robust reporting systems. Keeps VP Sales, Canada current on matters of importance for the organization and reports on and recommends solutions to resolve variations to budget in sales performance.
- Customer & Distribution Relationship Management: Maintains and strengthens mutually beneficial, profitable, effective and enduring client relationships with superior communications, programmes, distribution strategies; and strategic and exclusive/primary supply contracts with major retail and food service users. In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, identifies prospective customers and Distribution Channels and actively develops relationships with the view to conversion into profitable and sustainable business. Directly manages major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinates the management of all other accounts. Maintains continuous contact with designated clients at both the buying and senior management levels and regular contact with select industry counterparts and intercompany peers.
- Product Availability & Distributor Relations: In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, has regular contact with the Procurement team and periodic contact with various product suppliers’ marketing personnel as well as with regional cold store personnel. Provides guidance to Procurement team on planned promotions and forecasted demand. Oversees and coordinates the channels of distribution in the region in conjunction with Transportation and Logistics personnel to ensure timely, reliable deliveries of customer orders. Monitors stocks on hand in regional storage centres maintaining proper inventory levels within corporate guidelines and ensuring proper product rotation.
- Performance Effectiveness: Ensures that the Sales organization achieves all financial, customer, product, and business goals in every market and in every product line on a quarterly and annual basis. Reviews and monitors accounts receivables for the region, ensuring prompt payments are received so as to reduce company exposure to bad debts and to improve cash flow. Ensures that the VP Sales, Canada is kept informed of all pertinent developments risks, opportunities, and information relating to the organization. In conjunction with the VP Sales, Canada, prepares and undertakes professional development and prepares and supports professional development activities for Sales staff.
- Business Development: Identifies and considers opportunities for business growth and development. Works with other teams to identify and execute new product opportunities. Maintains a network of influencers, stakeholders, and others who may assist in the identification, analysis, validation, and conversion of business opportunities. Makes recommendations where appropriate to pursue and convert such opportunities. Maintains a solid market intelligence network to keep abreast of competitive activities and customer developments and to safeguard the company’s financial and volume interests.
- All brands and sales achieve market share, volume, profit contributions and revenue objectives on a quarterly and an annual basis, for the region
- Supply of product, within the Company’s approved procurement programmes meets at all times and throughout the region, customer supply needs
- Retention and growth in client base meets plan objectives
- Client satisfaction and loyalty survey scores meet survey objectives and key clients meet or exceed same
- Regretted employee turnover continues to be minimal and employee engagement and productivity is at or above goal
Qualifications & Considerations For The Position
- 10+ years’ experience as a sales leader developing and implementing sales and strategy in a sizeable North American or Global Food Services Industry Manufacturer and Distributor, where international supply and distribution expertise is key
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning and execution. Displays strong commercial acumen. Analyses key drivers, opportunities, and competitive advantages to develop and execute on strategies to benefit the Company’s business. Has been able to develop and convert strategic business relationships into valuable business. High degree of expertise in contract negotiation, structuring, setting, and managing sales quota and revenue goals
- Understands and has appropriate relationships and a track record of securing supply to ensure fulfillment of customer needs
- Proven ability to plan marketing strategy and promotional and advertising campaigns, across all media and platforms
- Demonstrated leadership in serving customer needs while meeting the highest possible standards
- Strongly leads by example; demonstrates professionalism throughout the organization and is a credible and trustworthy person who holds the respect and loyalty of all stakeholders; provides clear expectations and direction; has tenacity in pursuing goals and ensures that team and personal goals align with and contribute to attainment of Company goals
- Is open to and accepts taking on such responsibilities as assigned by the VP Sales for Canada to support achievement of annual and strategic business goals
- Able to effectively handle the high stress, time and travel demands that come with responsibility as Regional Sales Manager for the Lamb Company’s operations in Quebec
- Fluent in both English and French (written and verbal communication)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to inspire and lead teams to succeed
To learn more about our Company, go to www.thelambcompany.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As an essential services employer, we require all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Lamb Company is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the selection process. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation is required.