New Job Railcar Repair Technician - Bethune In Saskatchewan
|Railcar Repair Technician - Bethune|
Railcar Repair Technician - Bethune
Company : Procor Limited - Field Services
Salary : $25.88–$31.16 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Rail Car Mechanic – Bethune, Sask.
Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. Our fleet has grown to include more than 30,500 special purpose tank and freight cars. Procor also operates 27 repair locations servicing the petroleum, petrochemicals, plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and food markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a reliable Rail Car Repair Technician with our Bethune, SK shop. This opportunity is perfect for experienced individuals looking for a stable position in an organization that offers advancement.
· Cut, fit, and repair railcars, their components, and other items as necessary to facilitate railcar repair.
· Perform all necessary AAR repairs to railcars including cutting, straightening, and car repair.
· Perform and document quality control checks as required by Company
· Perform basic preventative maintenance checks on used equipment.
· Comply with company and regulatory safety and environmental standards.
· Appropriately wear and utilize all of the following types of safety equipment in accordance with EHS instruction and requirements: Respirators (full and half face), hearing protection, eye protection, steel toed boots, and fall protection.
This role involves project work that will require travel and overnights away from home base. The normal work schedule for this will be Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however this schedule may change as business requirements dictate.
· Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
· Must be mechanically inclined and able to operate the needed tools for the position.
· Must be able to read and understand written work orders and material safety data sheets.
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces and at heights of 15 feet.
· High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
· Previous experience with rail car repair or general steel work.
· Pre-employment welding course.
· Blue print reading.
· WHMIS training would be an asset.
· Effective communication and organizational skills, strong initiative and ability to work well under pressure are also desirable.
Procor Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We offer our employees the opportunity to be a contributing member of a successful team as well as competitive wages and extensive benefit coverage:
- Group benefits including dental, vision, and insurance
- Pension and retirement savings plans
- Personal rebates for fitness, computers and education
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to the email mentioned.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Procor Limited, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.88-$31.16 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: On the road