New Job Project Executive In Nova Scotia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $8,369–$10,461 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Seniors and Long-Term Care
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 5/17/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
The Department of Seniors and Long-Term Care offers opportunities to grow and advance in a dynamic sector that touches the lives of all Nova Scotians. We are committed to continually improving our health care system. With a focus on capital infrastructure, the Department is thinking differently about how to plan, fund, legislate and monitor to improve access and service delivery. To do this, we need leaders at all levels of the organization who embrace a challenge and believe in their ability to make a difference.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to a Senior Executive Director within the Department of Seniors and Long-Term Care, the Project Executive is a key member of the leadership team whose mandate is to lead, prioritize and drive strategic infrastructure initiatives that are focused on increasing the effectiveness of the health system.
You will provide leadership, direction, guidance, project management and oversight for the health system investment prioritization, risk planning, and outcome monitoring. You will lead and direct a team that leads the management of the construction process for over 2500 LTC beds throughout the province. Your responsibilities would be to adapt LTC Infrastructure to the changing health care needs for Nova Scotians and align it with the overall strategic vision and priorities of the Department. The Project Executive works collaboratively across the Department, Government and the health system on key initiatives to advance health system and services strategy, health system planning, health system reporting, performance monitoring and accountability.
As the Project Executive your primary accountabilities will be providing support to the Senior Executive Director in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Providing executive leadership in the identification, design, planning, implementation, integration, and evaluation of multi-function, cross departmental projects.
- Coordinating business activities (often carried out by others) that establish how and when the Department will deliver products and services.
- Contributing to the preparation of advice and recommendations to government including Memoranda to Executive Council, Reports and Recommendations and Requests for Legislation.
- Performing strategic advisory/principal level consulting to senior executives by leading, directing, and guiding the development and implementation of major, complex, multi-sector health system projects and initiatives.
- Engaging with senior leaders and cross sector representation to understand long-term strategic challenges. Takes responsibility for developing and delivering change management plans and achieving outcomes that support the Department’s and government’s overall strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate, you hold a bachelor degree in a related field such as Engineering or Architecture with 5 years experience on large projects (>$50M), you also have years of progressive, senior-level management experience. Experience in health care projects, possession of PMP certification or accreditation as a Professional Engineer or Architect and bring a diverse perspective will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate requires competencies in the management of people which must be demonstrated through formal experience in the management of staff. This position also requires an individual who is experienced in leading large-scale change in a complex stakeholder environment.
Experience working with internal and external stakeholders will be required. As a dynamic leader, the successful candidate must possess the ability to lead change, move forward new initiatives and overcome ongoing challenges.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in a management role with demonstrated leadership competencies and a strong history of producing results
- Extensive experience in multiple project and portfolio management, budgetary processes, and risk management/mitigation principles and practices, construction Theory
- An appreciation of the vision of the NS health system, its structure and legislated roles
- Political acuity, diplomacy, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working on large scale health care construction projects
- Ability to lead complex projects to achieve objectives, work collaboratively, build rapport with senior leaders across all levels, and to inspire creatively and motivate people and teams
- A very strong understanding of Z317, Z 8000+ additions to the CSA Standard
- Experience working within the health care system is an asset.
The Government of Nova Scotia has adopted the LEADS Leadership Framework. During the interview, candidates will be expected to express how they have demonstrated the key behaviours and capabilities required to effectively lead in a caring and inclusive environment. LEADS Domains includes Leads Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions and Systems Transformation.
Please follow LEADS (novascotia.ca) for more information.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
The Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
Work is split between office and extensive time on the road.
This is a permanent, full time position based in Halifax.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: EC 14
Salary Range: $4,184.42 - $5,230.52 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].