New Job Personal Support Worker In Ontario
|Personal Support Worker|
Personal Support Worker
Company : St. Mary’s General Hospital
Salary : $24.83–$25.61 an hour
Location : Ontario
Work Type: Temporary Part Time
It's the St. Mary’s way: compassionate care for our patients and each other, together.
We grow our people and we’re growing the future of healthcare today and tomorrow. Our patients are the heart of why we care, and our staff are the heart of how we care.
This is a pivotal and exciting time as we build for the future. Whether you are starting your career or looking for new experiences, don’t let our size fool you. We are leaders in our field recognized globally for world-class, innovative healthcare.
Our vision of “Inspiring Excellence. Healthier Together” is not just about our approach to patient-centered care, it’s also about our commitment to our staff.
Join us, learn with us, grow the future of healthcare…together.
The St. Mary’s Way:
Inclusive: You are valued for your whole, authentic self.
Training & Development: We’ll invest in you as we grow our team of today and the future.
Wellbeing Supports: Wraparound supports professionally and personally.
Leaders in Healthcare: Join a winning team voted Top 100 Forbes Canada's Best Employers 2022 and best hospital in Waterloo Region in the Record's Reader Choice Awards!
New employees must provide documentation/proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, a 2-step TB screening, as well as proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chickenpox) prior to their start date at St. Mary’s General Hospital. Staff will require clearance from Employee Health and Wellness before they are able to begin any position within SMGH.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Flow, Bed Management and The Health Care Resource Team the Nurse Assistant/Personal Support Worker provides personal care for patients and supports patient flow within the hospital as required. The Personal Support Worker communicates effectively with patients, staff and families, and provides excellent customer service at all times. Responsibilities include assisting patients with activities of daily living and measuring vital signs, and practicing to the scope of their education. Documentation in the electronic record is required for care provided. This position works co-operatively with team members and receives direction from Registered staff. The incumbent demonstrates professional responsibility and demonstrates actions consistent with hospital policies and procedures. This is a full-time position to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights as well as weekends and holidays. The successful incumbent will be working in different units throughout the hospital based on organizational need.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate from a recognized college/private career college or school board is required
- Current BCLS certification required
- 2-3 years current experience as Personal Support Worker required
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of patient populations
- Current experience in a hospital environment preferred
- Proficient computer experience and excellent keyboarding skills is preferred
- Previous experience with Meditech system is an asset
- Working knowledge of routine practices related to Infection Control required
- Ongoing commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
Cerner Healthcare Software Knowledge
What we offer
- Health and Dental benefits
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- A great team
Life in Waterloo Region:
- Innovation Hub
- Public Transportation
- Leading Schools
- Thriving Economy
- Vibrant Cultural & Community Activities
As per the collective agreement, the internal recruitment process will be completed prior to the consideration of external applications.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact [email protected].
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual application.