New Job Parental Care Worker In Saskatchewan
|Parental Care Worker|
Parental Care Worker
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $22.32–$27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Do you like excitement and challenge in your work, where every day is always a little bit different? Do you want to be part of a collaborative team that has a role in making a difference in the lives of youth? If so, then becoming a Parental Care Worker may be the career for you!
The Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety has a career opportunity for a client service-oriented individual at the Paul Dojack Youth Centre as a Permanent Parental Care Night Worker. The Paul Dojack Youth Centre is located in Regina and provides a developmental program for Secure and Open custody males and females ages 12-18.
As a Parental Care Worker, you will work with a team of professionals that provides a dynamic program including safety, security and supervision for youth in custody. You must provide positive leadership, direction, support and custodial supervision.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to recognize potential risks to safety and the well-being of self, clients, staff and community with the ability to de-escalate crisis situations.
A Parental Care Worker will:
- Work and supervise youth or groups of youth who may have special needs, gender differences and various cultural and spiritual belief systems;
- Establish, build and maintain work relationships utilizing effective interpersonal communications (both written and verbal);
- Work as a team as well as independently;
- Maintain a level of fitness to meet the requirements of a physically demanding work environment; and
- Work proficiently with various computer systems and electronic software.
You will need:
- A Successful completion of a nine-week Induction Training Program (ITP) will be required to maintain employment;
- A valid/current Class A, First Aid CPR/AED certificate (must have no less than 12 months remaining), or a valid Class A, CPR/AED and First Aid (completed within three months of employment);
- A valid driver's license; and
- Successful Completion of COPAT (Correctional Officer Physical Abilities Testing) will be required for candidates not currently employed or having been employed at a Correctional Center or Young Offender Facility within the previous 24 months.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Competitive salaries;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (EDO), and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments; and
- Advancement opportunities.
We believe our strength in achieving work objectives is our staff, and human relationships are the cornerstone of our endeavor.