New Job Painter In Saskatchewan
Regina West Service Centre
Regina West Service Centre
Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. The fleet has grown to include more than 30,500 special purpose tank and freight cars. Procor also operates 27 repair locations servicing the petroleum, petrochemicals, plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and food markets.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering value creating railcar repair solutions, it is our team of innovative and talented employees that drives our success. In pursuit of this journey, Procor is currently seeking a Painter to join our Regina, Saskatchewan location.
The normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Please be advised that schedules may change as business requirements dictate.
The starting hourly rate for this role is $ 31.03.
- Paint a variety of railcar types using paint wands (about 3 pounds) and lines (3/8 inch lines) which may require kneeling, squatting, sitting, bending, twisting/rotating and leaning to ensure thorough coverage of all areas that require coverage.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to use all gauges required to ensure a quality interior lining and/ or exterior paint.
- Requires working inside, outside, on top of and underneath all types of railcars.
- Responsible for set-up and Paint Room prep including straightening out paint lines and airlines for respirators, closing all doors manually (overhead doors on chains) and setting up scaffolding.
- Appropriately wear and utilize all the following types of safety equipment in accordance with EHS instruction and requirements: Respirators (full and half face), Painting coveralls, Hearing Protection, Eye Protection, Steel Toe Boots.
- While painting, manually open and close all gates and hatch covers (lids) to ensure they are working.
- Responsible for clean-up and organization of work areas to enable smooth transition to next paint job.
- Actively participate in team meetings, training and activities to help maintain a safe & productive work environment and ensure high quality/compliant & efficient work completion.
- Work closely with other teams, office staff and management to coordinate work tasks, define & drive toward team and facility goals, help make workplace & process improvements and recognize the contributions of others.
- Apply decals and stencils as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience as an Industrial Coating Applicator.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to effectively give and take feedback; works well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain focus and productively organize work tasks.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and heights of 15 feet.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Must pass company physical including pulmonary function, chest and back x-rays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the Canada, visa
sponsorship is not being provided.
- Willingness to comply with pre-employment screening, reference verification, and background check.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Previous Experience with the application of Plural Component Coatings.
- Experience applying tank coatings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment Division and Branch locations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near a shop or yard where moving mechanical parts are present
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Procor Limited is an equal opportunity employer offering employees the opportunity to be a contributing member of a successful team as well as competitive wages and extensive benefit coverage:
- Group benefits including dental, vision, and insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Personal and family rebates for fitness, computers and education
We thank all applicants for their interest in Procor Limited, however only successful candidates will be contacted.