New Job Operator 1, Facility Assets In Alberta
|Operator 1, Facility Assets|
Operator 1, Facility Assets
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.47–$33.30 an hour
Location : Alberta
Working Title: OPERATOR I – FACILITY ASSETS
Position Type: PERMANENT
FTE (ie: 1.0, 0.5): 1.0
Division: INFRASTRUCTURE ASSETS
Department: PLANNING AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Reports To: FOREMAN – FACILITY ASSETS
☐ New Position
☒ Update of current position
☐ Significant changes (at least 50% of job has changed) – Job Evaluation required
SECTION 1: PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Operator I – Facility Assets, under the direction of the Foreman – Facility Assets, is responsible for assisting with asset management and daily support of all preventative maintenance and crisis management of
Town Facilities and assets.
SECTION 2: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Time Key Responsibility
Asset Management - Preventative and Crisis Maintenance:
- Daily operation, preventative and reactive maintenance & Repairs of Town-owned facilities, and mechanical systems.
- Inspection of playground structures and supporting repairs and contractor-completed repairs of playground structures.
- Complete and maintain records of inspections of Town owned facilities and assets according to inspection schedules.
- Monitor and respond to Building Maintenance System controls.
- Maintain assets in accordance with CSA standards, manufacturer specifications and good practice.
- If applicable, be aware of and work within appropriate list of competencies as identified within relevant trades certification (see Section 4). Communicate to foreman if assigned task is outside of those competencies.
Last reviewed: 12 Jan 2023
- Perform daily safety checks in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and the Town of Stony Plain Safety Policy
- Participate in pre-job toolbox meetings and hazard assessments
- Ensure that knowledge remains current through an awareness of new products and technologies within the building/construction/playground industry
- Operate light and heavy equipment
- Assist other divisions and complete other duties as required
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Available to work shift work and overtime including weekends and/or statutory holidays as required
SECTION 3: SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
Position Title Direct General
SECTION 4: QUALIFICATIONS
Level of education and experience required:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years direct involvement with facility operations and maintenance & Repairs.
Required designations, licenses and certificates:
- CPSI Playground Inspector Certification (considered an asset) or willingness to complete same within 12 months of employment (required).
- Building Operator Certification (considered an asset).
- Relevant trades ticket (considered an asset) such as: o Electrician, o Carpenter, o Plumber, o HVACr-related, (such as Power Engineer) o others may be considered
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System training
- First Aid Certificate
- Fall Protection Certification (considered an asset).
- Alberta Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement (considered an asset) Successful candidate will be required to obtain this qualification within a 12 months of hire.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding in the use of hand and power construction tools
- Working knowledge of at least one of: Plumbing, Electrical, HVACr and BMS systems
- Physically fit and the physical ability to use hand tools, lift heavy objects (over 50lbs), work in awkward positions, stand and walk throughout the day and work in inclement weather
- Heavy, medium and light equipment operation experience (considered an asset)
Last reviewed: 12 Jan 2023
Functional knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
☐ Routine office environment. Limited physical effort. A variety of typical office requirements such as sitting, standing and walking. Limited physical effort. Limited intense visual concentration is required. Infrequent physical effort (lifting, bending, etc); Infrequent peaks of concentration are necessary for short periods from time to time (e.g. several minutes up to half an hour) Interruptions or distractions occur occasionally, but do not interfere with completion of quality of work as the nature of the work is highly repetitive and routine
☒ Moderate physical effort, requires occasional lifting, bending, standing, climbing ladders, etc. Requires extended periods of standing or moving. Manual dexterity can include handling of items or tools of various sizes, sorting or manipulating small parts or materials or tools, where the pace of work can largely be controlled. Intense visual concentration is greater than 50% of the time. Moderate peaks of concentration
(e.g. up to half day) are a typical, with some ability to control this by taking breaks from the task.
Interruptions or distractions occur frequently and sometimes interfere with output quality or timeliness.
Time pressures with the job are noticeable, but are not frequent or significant. May perform a moderate level of heavy physical activities (pulling, lifting, pushing heavy or awkward objects, etc). May require some specialized training and/or use of safety equipment.
☐ Regular, frequent or sustained and considerable physical effort tis required with limited opportunities to rest except at scheduled breaks. May require a degree of major physical effort over an extended period of time.
Requires frequent or regular considerable moving, standing or heavy physical activities (e.g. lifting, moving, or pulling heavy awkward objects on a regular basis). Typically requires some specialized training
(certifications, etc) and/or use of safety equipment. May also require personal protective equipment.
Regular, frequent or sustained, and substantial peaks of concentration are a typical throughout the day. It may not be possible to take breaks from tasks due to time pressures and deadlines that often oblige continuation until task completed. Interruptions and distractions occur frequently, and often to significantly interfere with the ability to complete the task correctly/in timely manner and consistently.
☐ Routine office environment. Limited exposure to disagreeable aspects such as noise, heat/cold, dust, fumes, etc
☐ Moderate exposure to disagreeable aspects of the work environment. The job may require occasional exposure, but is limited in terms of frequency, severity, and/or duration. May require some specialized training, and/or use of safety equipment.
☒ Considerable, frequent or ongoing exposure to disagreeable aspects of the work environment. The job requires regular exposure in terms of frequency, severity, and/or duration. Typically requires some specialized training (certifications, etc), and/or use of safety equipment. Tasks may also require personal protective equipment.
Last reviewed: 12 Jan 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $30.47-$33.30 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1P3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Facilities maintenance: 2 years (required)
- Trades Ticket (required)
Work Location: In person