New Job Operations Manager - Buildings In Alberta
|Operations Manager - Buildings|
Operations Manager - Buildings
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Buildings division and deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of various contract types with a portfolio of work ranging between $50m - $100m, where you will be reporting directly to the Vice President Operations. Given the nature of the role, you will have worked as a General Contractor on a variety of Commercial, Residential, and Institutional projects, managing multiple Project teams and being involved at various stages of pursuits from assisting with Estimating and Proposals, to Planning, Construction, and finally Close-Out.
As an Operations Manager at Graham, you will:
- Engage Preconstruction in preparing, revising, and monitoring information regarding reports related to costs involved in developing project budgets
- Oversee the estimating process for projects, utilizing experience and expertise to determine and mitigate risks
- Oversee the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process
- Ensure that project schedules, milestone dates, and closeout checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycles
- Establish relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and / or delivered when necessary
- Assist project managers with subcontractor disputes
- Oversee all project estimates, tenders, submissions and proposals
- Direct and approve project resources required (e.g. people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services)
- Oversee the review of contract documents with project participants to ensure terms are clear on deliverables, which will ensure project work will be completed on time and within budget
- Communicate objectives for critical milestones, budget, schedule, and client satisfaction measurements to project team members
- Develop regular status reports for company executives and project steering committees detailing status of projects and recommending actions to be taken
- Oversee project forecasts and prepare variance reports / notes
- Develop and recommend short-term operating budgets, and assist the Operations Director with long-term planning where required
- Recognize and leverage Graham's techniques and processes for tracking progress and work to address and solve complex financial models for large scale projects
- Understand the requirements of owner's contracts, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs
- Oversee and understand commitments being made to clients, and Graham’s associated risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with public and private sector clients, construction joint-venture partners, financing partners, key specialist subcontractors, as well as other stakeholders such as design teams, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support Graham core values
- Proactively and aggressively seek new business opportunities through relationships as well as participating in industry, client and community events
- Lead, promote, and maintain a positive safety culture within the team, without compromise, by monitoring and measuring HSE goals and expectations using KPIs
- Take responsibility for the development, implementation, and execution of the Project Specific Safety Plan
- Ensure responsibility for own health and safety, and that of other workers, visitors to the site(s), the community, and the environment in line with client requirements, Occupational Health and Safety regulations, and all applicable government laws and regulations
- Review the Field Surveillance Reports (FSRs) and initiate non-conformance reports (NCRs) based on analysis and severity of findings
- Manage multiple project managers engaged on multiple projects (project portfolio)
- Create a culture of accountability with clear expectations and responsibilities tied to the project priorities
- Assume responsibility for the profit / loss performance of the projects within the portfolio
- Completion of a Construction related Degree or Diploma training program
- 15+ years of experience in a Senior Management position; Senior Project Manager, Project Director or Operations Manager
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Primavera, On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam and BIM modelling is an asset
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.