New Job Manager/Senior Manager, Technology Risk Consulting In Manitoba
|Manager/Senior Manager, Technology Risk Consulting|
Manager/Senior Manager, Technology Risk Consulting
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Winnipeg team are looking for a highly motivated IT Audit professional at a Manager & Senior Manager level to join our team! As a member of KPMG Canada’s Technology Risk Consulting team, you will provide IT-related internal and external audit services and risk-related IT advisory services, to assist management, internal audit, and external financial statement audit teams to understand, evaluate, and improve IT governance, risk, and control.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Winnipeg. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so.
What you will do:
Find out more about KPMG Risk Consulting.
- Review of information security controls and practices within client environments.
- Lead other audit engagements related to information systems and outsourced service providers.
- Managing and providing risk and compliance services with a focus on information technology audits that include:
- Information system audits: assessment of I.T. risks and controls, including general controls environment and automated controls embedded within information systems environment as part of a KPMG audit or advisory engagement.
- Information security and protection: protecting vital information assets by assisting clients with information security, business continuity and crisis preparedness.
- Information systems and controls: verifying that optimal controls relating to major systems and their implementation are in place and operating effectively.
- Information reliability: assuring stakeholders of information reliability, through IT risk assessment, benchmarking and due diligence.
- System implementation and conversion: Advising on conversion issues and project management risks and controls.
- Participate in creating proposals, capability statements and presentations.
- Participate in oral presentations to new / potential / existing clients.
- Display a strong understanding of KPMG products and services and will be able to use this understanding to identify opportunities for clients.
- Actively look to identify opportunities from current engagements.
- Instruct local and national technical or industry training for staff, management and Partners as well as for clients and business/industry conferences.
- As part of the Partner/Manager team, you will continue to learn throughout your career and keep yourself up to date with technical, business and current affairs by reading widely, referring to technical literature regularly and maintaining an inquisitive (curious) mind.
What you bring to this role:
- 8-10 years’ of experience with a public accounting or an advisory services firm, conducting information technology audits.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
In addition to your CA, preference will be given to candidates with a CISA and/or CIA designation with a solid IT Audit and reporting background.
- 5 to 7 years of combined relevant experience in Audit (internal and/or external audit), Consulting (e.g. system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, cyber security, etc.), and/or relevant roles in industry or the public sector (e.g. risk management or internal control function, IT, cyber security, finance and accounting, project management, system implementation project experience, etc.) is required; more experience is preferred.
- Business Development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local Winnipeg market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle Financials, and PeopleSoft ERP experience, and Cloud Oracle experience is as an asset.
- Strong current knowledge in the following: Canadian GAAP, IFRS, and financial audit and reporting issues, as well as other I.T. auditing or security standards and practices.
- Able to lead cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute Risk and Compliance type engagements that has budget restrictions and deadlines.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected].
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at ca-fmkpmgcandinqui[email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.