New Job Maintenance Technician Mhc - Halifax, Ns In Nova Scotia
|Maintenance Technician MHC - Halifax, NS|
Maintenance Technician MHC - Halifax, NS
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Killam Apartment REIT (TSX:KMP.UN), is a growth-oriented real estate investment trust which owns, manages and develops multi-family residential properties in Atlantic Canada, Ontario and Alberta. Killam is focused on maximizing its value and long-term profitability through increasing earnings, expanding the portfolio through acquisitions and developing high-quality properties in its core markets.
We are looking for a full-time permanent maintenance technician to join our team of professional maintenance workers who service our Manufactured Home Communities in the Halifax area. This is a hands-on position working outdoors in general maintenance, plumbing repairs, landscaping, snow removal and other property specific duties.
- 1-2 years previous labour/maintenance experience a requirement
- Landscaping experience (knowledge of plants, laying sod or seed, etc.)
- Experience in daily maintenance of private water and waste water systems would be considered an asset, including collecting water samples, testing chlorine residuals, etc.
- Snow removal experience would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with plumbing and water line repairs would be considered an asset
- Ability to work as a team, and also under minimal supervision
- Must be flexible to work various hours and on-call duties and enjoy working outside
- Must have valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
What we offer:
A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
An annual incentive program
A cost shared health and dental plan
Paid volunteer days
An employee unit purchase plan
Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
Employer funded Employee and Family Assistance Program
Discounts at local businesses through our Perks Program
Career advancement opportunities
Application: Please fill out our online application form.
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Employees will be given support and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilize their unique talents. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your interest in our company and all qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.