New Job Lounge Host, Full-Time In Ontario
|Lounge Host, Full-time|
Lounge Host, Full-time
Company : Compass Group
Salary : $17 an hour
Location : Ontario
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that’s at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
Start Date: June 14, 2023
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 3:30am - 12:00pm
Location: 1000 Airport Parkway Private, Ottawa ON
- Some Experience is an asset,
- requires standing and walking,
- Parking and Health Care
- strong interpersonal skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promptly and warmly greet and direct guests.
- Help create an overall enjoyable dining experience and promote a safe, clean and neat environment for guests and other associates.
- Exhibit exceptional communications skills.
- Get along well with others, demonstrate flexibility and patience; possess an interest in people.
- Supervise the activities of food-service associates in the dining room to ensure proper customer service, food handling and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Helps train new food-service team members.
- Supervises the closing of the assigned dining room; ensures side work and station setup is properly completed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency safety procedures and help evacuate guests to safety in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Assist with service, including occasional bussing and food service, while maintaining safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- May be asked to operate equipment, including but not limited to fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Work with staff of other departments to perform job duties and during special events or functions.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Hosts/Hostesses? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
Experience as a server or in a dining room setting is an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to make decisions.
- Interpersonal skills, facility with meeting people, teamwork, collaboration, leadership, adaptability and excellent communication skill are required.
- Good personal grooming, confidence, integrity, ability to manage stress, dynamism, energy, autonomy, initiative, availability, flexibility and orientation toward quality are required.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.