New Job Library Service Assistant 1/2 - Circulation Assistant In Manitoba
|Library Service Assistant 1/2 - Circulation Assistant|
Library Service Assistant 1/2 - Circulation Assistant
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
As part of the library team, you will interact with customers of all ages to help create a positive and welcoming library experience for all. Your primary responsibilities will be assisting customers with memberships and accounts as well as physical library materials.
As the Circulation Assistant, you will:
- Check in and check out library materials at the public desk and respond to patron questions and concerns in-person and by phone.
- Register, update, and renew library memberships.
- Assess, collect, and record fees for patron records.
- Handle and process requests and Holds for the public.
- Ensure reports for patron requests are processed and completed daily.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of daily cash and bank deposits as assigned.
- Share responsibility for the physical processing and maintenance of library materials and the handling of items removed from the collection.
- Ensure materials are sent through the delivery system in a correct and timely manner.
- Maintain library equipment needed for the work of the section.
- Ensure materials are sorted on carts for shelving.
- Shelve materials and maintain shelves in order as assigned.
- Assist in training circulation staff as assigned.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
1. High school graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Successful completion of a Library Technician program an asset.
3. Previous work experience with the public an asset.
4. Ability to deal effectively with the public in a variety of situations.
5. Ability to work with other staff as part of a team.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to operate library equipment.
8. Keyboarding skills an asset.
9. Ability to handle cash accurately.
IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://www.canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) Satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidates(s), at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position (i.e., Must be able to lift boxes and equipment weighing 20-25 pounds, and set up tables and chairs in meeting rooms)