New Job Inuktitut Teacher Grade: 1-2 In Nunavut
|Inuktitut Teacher Grade: 1-2|
Inuktitut Teacher Grade: 1-2
Company : Government of Nunavut
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
Reference #: IS232410466B
School: Inuglak School
Community: Whale Cove, Nunavut
Start Date: August 09, 2023
End Date: June 06, 2025
Kivalliq School Operations invites applications for the following position:
Inuktitut Teacher Grade: 1-2
Key Assignment(s): All subjects except for gym
The status of this position is: Term
The position is 1.0 PY (full-time position)
School Description: The Government of Nunavut, Department of Education is committed to supporting staff development through well-designed professional learning opportunities. Nunavut schools are currently focused on improving literacy outcomes for all students and ensuring students’ learning experiences are culturally relevant and respectful.
Located in the picturesque hamlet of Whale Cove, Inuglak School serves the community of Whale Cove. The school has a population of approximately 170 students in a K-12 setting with a staff of 21. The school and community are steeped in a rich history of Inuit culture.
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Teaching certification acceptable for Nunavut teaching certificate
- Ability to speak and write Inuktut.
In the event that there is no successful candidate this position may be offered as a one-year term under Letter of Authority Certification.
- Experience and / or training with current assessment methods
- Evidence of differentiated instruction and inclusive practices
- Experience and / or training in classroom management practices and the development of positive learning environments (eg. Restitution, Tribes, Positive Effective Behavior Supports, etc.)
- Cross-cultural and/or northern teaching experience
- Evidence of training and / or experience in the area of Balanced Literacy
- Training and / or teaching experience in an ESL environment
- Evidence / experience building positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, stakeholders
Please note: Government housing will not be provided.
Salary and Nunavut Northern Allowance: The salary for certified applicants ranges from $82,003 prorated/annum to $128,579 prorated/annum. The Nunavut Northern Allowance for Whale Cove is $21,564 prorated/annum.
The Department of Education, Kivalliq School Operations is committed to:
- Promotion of the Inuktitut Language and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangiit
- Local control of Education
- Inclusive Education
Resiliency, adaptability and resourcefulness are assets to employment and northern life.
Applicants currently employed by the Government of Nunavut to be appointed to this position must hold a valid Nunavut teaching certificate.
Before final appointment to the new position, external applicants must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) that are dated no more than six months prior to the position start date, as indicated on the competition posts. Applicants will be required to provide an acceptable CRC and VSC before a written offer will be made.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
All job offers will be contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in Canada at time of application
To apply, you must e-mail your resume and cover letter (Word document or pdf file).
Ensure the subject of your email states the Reference #IS232410466B .
Email your application to:
This job advertisement is only authorized for external posting on the Education Canada Website (educationcanada.com) and ApplytoEducation (www.applytoeducation.com). If you are reading this on any other commercial job-posting site, it is not an authorized posting of the Government of Nunavut, Department of Education and Kivalliq School Operations.
The Government of Nunavut is committed to a more representative workforce to best serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Land Claims beneficiaries.