New Job Internal Auditor In Alberta
Internal Auditor - ( 2300021K )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Stantec’s Internal Audit department is evolving and growing to meet the company’s assurance needs. Internal Audit team members can make a difference in improving Stantec’s business and financial processes. We have a well-established SOX program which offers an excellent opportunity to learn the major financial reporting processes of the company. We also have an evolving internal audit program which provides opportunities to learn about other key areas of Stantec’s business. Those services are delivered within a dynamic company - recent exciting developments include continued domestic growth and expansion into international markets. We are seeking an Internal Auditor who will provide value added advisory, assurance and consulting services.
This will be accomplished by collaborating with various business teams to understand, analyze and resolve business process and internal control issues with the goal of achieving business center and corporate compliance to mandated standards.
Job rotation/secondments for internal candidates will also be considered.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plans and performs SOX, internal audit and consulting projects, including complex and sensitive engagements
- Thinks strategically to effectively establish the appropriate audit objectives and scope to meet client expectations
- Evaluates findings in the context of the implications for the entire organization
- Reviews files to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained and that auditing standards are followed
- Successfully lead exit meetings with the audit client to present the results and garner management support for the audit report and its recommendations
- Establishes and monitors targets for internal auditors (where applicable), ensuring both quality and productivity
- Recognizes and defuses potentially confrontational situations
- Manages group dynamics and interpersonal relationships within and across teams
- Performs multiple projects, working with various team members to meet budgets and deadlines
- Builds positive working relationships with stakeholders including clients, management and the external auditor
- Keeps abreast of emerging issues and external regulatory requirements that have assurance implications
- Contributes to a team-oriented and continuous improvement environment within Stantec
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Private sector experience is considered an asset
- Project accounting experience is considered an asset
- Certification in auditing or fraud examination is considered an asset e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or in progress
- Excellent understanding of internal auditing standards: International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), COSO and risk assessment practices
- Superior skills in project management, analysis, problem solving and verbal and written communication
- Confidence and the ability to work with all levels of staff and management within a large international company
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- 2-4 years of relevant experience within a large organization, in some or all the following areas: public accounting, internal auditing and/or SOX compliance
Ability to travel up to 10% of time both domestically and internationally for up to two weeks in duration
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1550 Financial Services-Internal Audit-CA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 8, 2023, 1:15:43 PM
Req ID: 2300021K
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans