New Job Information Security Advisor In Alberta
|Information Security Advisor|
Information Security Advisor
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $80,640–$121,760 a year
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As an Information Security Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic and tactical initiatives of the Information Security Compliance & Advisory team. You will also be working with business units to develop, implement and promote an information security and risk-aware culture following an Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM) approach. Primary duties include:
- Perform risk assessments on technology projects, initiatives and infrastructure by working closely with stakeholders to identify, classify, and mitigate cyber threats.
- Provide information security expertise and advice to Information Technology (IT), Operations Technology (OT) and other business units and associated projects.
- Define and implement security controls based on data classification and risk assessments.
- Participate in vulnerability identification; manage the Vulnerability Management program and collaborate with interested parties on remediation plans and tasks.
- Develop security policies, standards and procedures that may be identified as a project deliverable.
- Develop and maintain cyber security awareness content, campaign activities and reporting.
- Act as the system administrator for security tools such as Vulnerability Management and application systems.
- A completed 2 year Technology Diploma and at least 8 years of Information Security or related experience, OR;
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline and at least 4 years of Information Security or related experience.
- An understanding of cyber security vulnerabilities, risks, threats and various control mechanisms to mitigate business risks is required.
- One or more recognized Security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) is preferred.
- Experience performing security/threat reviews of Enterprise applications, Cloud-based services, network environments or Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Internet of Things (IoT).
- Experience working in Operational Technology (OT), OT risk assessment and mitigation will be an asset.
- An understanding of server platforms (for example Linux, Windows), networking, security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxy systems) and experience with UNIX and Windows Command Line Interface.
- Technical experience with Vulnerability Management and Endpoint Protection systems in large enterprise deployment.
- Knowledge of how malicious code operates, how technical vulnerabilities are exploited, and knowledge of cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques will also be considered an asset.
- Experience with Request for Proposals (RPFs), security tools and vendor evaluation processes.
- Previous experience working in a municipal government and a broad knowledge of the types of services provided by a large municipality will be beneficial.
- Well-developed communication, organization and planning skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and work in a team setting.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Corporate Security
Position Type: 3 Temporary (up to 24 months)
Location: 133 6 Ave SE
Compensation: Level E $80,640 - 121,760 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: May 29, 2023
Job ID #: 307671