New Job Finance Officer In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 36675
Job Category: Management, Court Services
Division & Section: Toronto Court Services, TO Court Svcs Finance & Administration
Work Location: 30 Adelaide Street East, Perm
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $42.72 - $46.81
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 4-May-2023 - 18-May-2023
To co-ordinate budgeting, accounting and purchasing duties for the department.
- Coordinates the development, monitoring and reporting of divisional budget estimates, detailed variance analysis and assists in operational planning reporting.
- Assists with budget distribution by calendar months after approval of annual estimates.
- Identifies, consults and makes recommendations concerning financial controls.
- Provides work direction, training and guidance to Accounting Assistants in the performance of their duties.
- Performs accounting and purchasing duties i.e. reviewing, analyzing and reconciling ledger accounts, setting up and maintaining expenditure, revenue spreadsheets, reconciling to the general ledger, review purchasing requisitions, departmental purchase orders, blanket order releases, purchase card reconciliations.
- Performs and maintains accounts receivable functions i.e. bank deposits, processing invoices, review of aging reports and collection follow up.
- Prepares journal entries. Calculates and processes accruals and revenues for operating/capital expenditures and revenues and reclassifies and reallocates expenditures and revenues.
- Investigates and analyzes problems associated with account reconciliation. SAP documents, dishonored cheques and credit card transactions and takes corrective action.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in an accounting or business program and completion of or working toward completion of a CPA or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and general ledger accounting, banking related activities and bank reconciliation, and petty cash.
- Extensive experience analyzing financial data and preparing financial statements and reports using computer office systems such as Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Access) or financial information systems such as SAP.
- Experience in investigating and analyzing administrative and business processes and procedural inefficiencies, recommending solutions and implementing decisions.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures governing accounts receivable and petty cash
- Ability to provide effective training and work direction to Accounting Assistants
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.