New Job Finance Manager - Canada Region In British Columbia
|Finance Manager - Canada Region|
Finance Manager - Canada Region
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, financially savvy, leader to join the North Region Finance team. In this role, you’ll collaborate with various business partners and peers. Bring your initiative, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, and we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you.
In this role you’ll be a key member of the North Regional leadership team. You’ll be responsible for annual business planning, quarterly forecasting, along with timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports and analysis, financial presentation preparation, ad-hoc analysis for you’re the Canadian leadership team. You’ll partner with the Geographic Operations Managers, Geographic Business Managers and Regional Director of Projects to give insight on business trends, KPI’s and help drive improvement in financial metrics including DSO. You’ll be responsible for accurate revenue recognition, cost accruals and G&A charges to close the P&L each month and quarter. You’ll attend regional meetings and monthly PAR calls and ensure project risks and opportunities are clearly identified and communicated.
You’ll oversee staff and career development for the Canadian Project Controls team along with partnering with Global Business Services for project controls support. Under your leadership, you’ll ensure standardized project controls processes and tools in coordination with the Regional Director of Projects.
In this role, you’ll continue to develop of your skills and explore all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field/experience
- Good communication skills with experience preparing & presenting documents/analysis to leadership
- Ability to convey financial results to non-finance team members
- P&L experience with demonstrated commercial and business acumen and modeling skills
- Very strong and proven analytical and problem-solving skills, must be able to proactively engage financial data to make recommendations
- Experience in project controls, commercial operations, with emphasis on project controls and financial issues
- Ability to partner with various groups within the organization as well as mentor/train project control team members
- Demonstrated passion for inspirational and inclusive leadership along with proven leadership capability and skills
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.