New Job Facility Booking Representative In Ontario
|Facility Booking Representative
Facility Booking Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35.34–$37.85 an hour
Location : Ontario
Experience it – Ajax!
The Town of Ajax, situated on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, is an innovative municipal sector leader that provides a variety of services to one of the fastest growing communities in Ontario. With over 130,000 residents, Ajax's rich heritage and culturally diverse community make it a great place to work and live.
Facility Booking Representative:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Recreation Business Service & Facility Booking, the Facility Booking Representative is responsible and accountable for providing knowledge and expertise to liaise with customers and facilitate the creation of permits/contracts for the rental and use of indoor Town facilities (i.e. community rooms, halls, pavilions, gymnasiums, arena ice, arena floors and pools), in compliance with department and section business processes and rental terms and conditions.
On occasion the position is required to attend meetings, participate in allocation negotiations, and meet with Community Sport, Activity, Cultural, Faith-based, School Boards and many other Organizations and business customers to assist in the organization of seasonal and itinerant permits for programs, activities, special events, multi-functions, tournaments, and festivals all with the goal to maximize facility utilization and contribute to the achievement of rental revenue projections.
- C o-ordinate, analyze and administer all permit functions such as creating significant itinerant and seasonal permits.
- Perform all deposit preparation & reconciliation, accounting, and administrative tasks.
- Maintain organized and accessible file systems, and other related processes regarding bookings, room allocation, community affiliation groups, meetings with internal staff, cost analysis/booking analysis for staff/departments, school boards, and field closures.
- Provide excellent customer service to the general public, community organizations, and other business customers to ensure all permits/contracts are processed accurately, efficiently, in a timely manner, in adherence Department policies and procedures.
- Assess and advise Supervisor of areas of sport or activity-based feedback from groups or recognition of trend that may be occurring in key areas.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and participate in allocation and scheduling related functions and as required negotiate needs and meet with Community Sport Organizations, School Boards, and other business customers to assist in the organization of and seasonal programs and activities, special events, functions, tournaments, and festivals.
- Handle customer concerns, issues, or conflicts, prior to escalating to Supervisor, in order to provide solutions, desired services, alternatives or suggestions relating to facility usage.
- Provide internal customer support to all departments regarding space requirements, town special event bookings, internal meetings and tenant or lease agreement clients.
- Completion of a 2 year College Diploma within Recreation Leadership, Event Planning, or Sport Administration; emphasis on accounting is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years progressively responsible experience in required field.
- Municipal sport and recreation experience in large multi-use recreation centres.
- Experience as a front line customer service staff, preferably in a municipal multi-use recreation centre environment.
- Proficient retail experience and supervising cash handling systems are required.
- Experience with budgets is an asset.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of the ActiveNet recreation software, specifically the Facility Reservation module, POS and Reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing (Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, Outlook), spreadsheets, email, internet use and other related technologies.
- Excellent skill and ability to create, interpret and suggest scheduling.
- Proven Interpersonal skills.
- Superior organization, time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to provide a criminal reference check satisfactory to the Town of Ajax (dated within the last six months).
What We Offer to Staff:
- Rate of pay: $35.34 - $37.85 per hour.
- Work hours: This is a unionized position that works a 35-hour work week. The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
- Benefits: The Town offers full-time staff a comprehensive benefit package with paid sick, vacation and personal leave days; Employee & Family Assistance Program; Health & Wellness Program, Town of Ajax Fitness Centre membership; plus a defined benefits pension (OMERS pension).
How to Apply:
This position is being advertised concurrently to internal and external candidates and applications are accepted online. To apply to this position, please click the ‘’ button below.
Internal closing date: 11:59 p.m. on May 5, 2023
External closing date: 11:59 p.m. on May 16, 2023
Members of CUPE bargaining unit will be considered first in accordance with the collective agreement. If there are no qualified candidates from within the bargaining unit, consideration may be given to other applicants.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources staff of any accommodation you may require during the process.