New Job Executive Chef Campus St-Fx (30109001) In Nova Scotia
|Executive Chef Campus ST-FX (30109001)
Executive Chef Campus ST-FX (30109001)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Education Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Executive Chef at ST-FX University.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for successfully coordinating and directing food program activities for the site
- Direct daily operations of food production including menu planning, purchasing/ordering, inventory, food preparation, and cost management through company food management platform
- Manage financials for the food program including labour cost, food cost, inventory, equipment and materials
- Supervise, mentor, and monitor kitchen leadership teams and evaluate performance to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of team member capabilities
- Ensure that the food service objectives are achieved
- Establish operating standards, implement quality improvements
- Engage with internal resources to utilize and share Sodexo innovations
- Lead and endorse culinary programs aligned with our Sustainability commitments: including Waste, Fair trade, Local Sourcing, Conscious packaging, plant-based menu offers, etc.
- Oversee catering functions and special events for internal and external clients/ groups.
- Develop and execute custom catering events
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Promote and assist in the marketing of the food program to both internal and external audiences
- Constant analysis of the culinary program; identifying efficiencies and areas of opportunity within our culinary operations
- Meet and collaborate with School initiatives to progress agreed upon efforts and provide feedback
- Ensure compliance of all Company standards and Provincial/Federal Legislation
- Ensure compliance to all Food Safety, Food System Management and HACCP Policies and Procedures
More info on this role:
- Hands on in the operation – this is not just an office position
- This unit handles conferences and events that range from 5 to 1200 people
- The executive chef will have to have a great disposition for customer service at all levels and the ability to nurture and grow relationships within the campus community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum Red Seal Certification required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Executive Chef role
- Previous University, College or Private School environment experience an asset
- Ability not only to lead the team to deliver on our high safety and food quality standards, but also to lead and inspire your team to look for ways to improve on what we already do to ensure we are exceeding the students’ expectations.
- Knowledge in the understanding and preparation of a variety of cuisines is an asset
- Knowledge of industry standards and Legislative Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, team-centric and safety driven environment
- Proven organizational skills and strong computer capabilities including Microsoft Office use
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Ability to work, problem solve and provide solutions independently
- Experience in sustainable and plant-based menu preparation is an asset
- Genuine desire to provide customer service experiences beyond expectations
- A passion for food and for people
- Ability to pass both a standard background check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
What Makes Sodexo Different:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs