New Job Estimating Student In Nova Scotia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. As a student at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
We are seeking an Estimating Student for our Atlantic Canada District in Halifax, NS, within our Canadian Buildings Division that is available for 4 months from September 2023 to December 2023.
Here's how an Estimating Student for our Atlantic Canada office contributes to our team:
- Assists with the preparation of tender documents.
- Contacts trade contractors and suppliers for pursuit support.
- Obtains and builds unit-pricing.
- Performs and updates quantity take-offs.
- Updates request for information lists.
- Learns to understand trade scope definitions and local market conditions.
- Learns to understand varied contractual terms & conditions.
- Working towards a degree or diploma in a civil engineering or architectural technology related field.
- Ability to perform quantity take-offs.
- Ability to perform unit pricing.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- A passion for working in a construction environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual estimating.
- Knowledge of a variety of contract arrangements such as: Lump Sum, Design Build, Project Management, Construction Management, and Public/Private Partnership
- Strong computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets, design and formulas.
- Prior field construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Please note that candidates who have been selected to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will receive an email to complete a short online video interview
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at caree[email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Employee Status: Internship Full-Time
Company: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
Primary Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job: Estimating Student