New Job Electrician In Saskatchewan
Company : Louis Dreyfus Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Ensures compliance with Company safety and food safety rules by self and others and wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure Compliance with Government Acts and Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code and Saskatchewan Amendments.
- Read and interpret electrical and P&ID drawings.
- Use Electrical/Instrument Testing Equipment.
- Calibrate and adjust switches, sensors, and process metering equipment.
- Knowledge of Wiring, Installation and Maintenance Methods in Non-Classified , Class 1and Class 2 Areas.
- Properly select materials, overcurrent devices and thermal overloads required to accomplish a given task.
- Troubleshoot Motor Control Centers and perform minor and major repairs.
- Diagnose control issues using Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Install, maintain and diagnose Fire Supervisory Systems and associated devices.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a valid Journeyperson Certification of Qualification as Electrician (Red Seal)
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
- Previous work experience within instrumentation is preferred.
- Previous work experience on a construction or industrial expansion project is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical demands)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in entire Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Teams
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and philosophy for workplace safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally and efficiently communicate with different customers, departments and levels of the organization
- Work effectively with minimal direction
- Exceptional problem-solving, trouble-shooting, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to thrive in all types of work environments (colder food-safe temperatures with appropriate PPE, working on your feet and with your hands, continuously lifting and pushing up to 50 lbs)
- Adaptable, and able to work with many different personalities and procedures
- Detail-orientated, with strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and manage various daily requirements
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including extended health care and dental coverage, employee and family assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan with Employer contributions and matching
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid statutory holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
Job Reference JR0067875
Professional Areas Industry
Function Operations, Engineering and Maintenance
Years of Work Experience 0+
Start date 2023-04-26