New Job Education Coordinator In British Columbia
Company : Insurance Council of BC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The Insurance Council of British Columbia is the regulatory organization that licenses and regulates the activities of over 45,000 life and general insurance agents, general insurance salespersons, insurance adjusters, and restricted travel insurance agents in British Columbia.
Why Work for the Insurance Council?
Work with a great team of people in a rewarding career that makes a difference. We’re in a downtown location with plenty of amenities nearby. The Insurance Council has a friendly and collaborative environment with a team who’s committed to protecting the public.
- We offer a comprehensive health and dental plan.
- Work-life balance.
- This position is mostly remote work enabled. The incumbent would be required to come into the office as needed.
- Professional development.
- Equitable employment opportunities.
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development of Council's continuing education and course accreditation initiatives as well as support the Manager, Education in other projects. The Education Coordinator will work closely with team members in developing regulatory courses and assist with identifying areas where education will further equip licensees and foster professionalism in the insurance industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accreditation Program Support:
- Review accreditation applications within the online accreditation system
- Communicate to accreditation applicants as necessary
- Update accreditation materials and website as needed
- Conduct course audits to ensure courses meet the Insurance Council and the Accreditation Program guidelines
- Provide administrative and logistical support in responding to and tracking inquires and following processes and procedures to ensure proper document management and record tracking of accreditation applications
- Research and provide advice on course content
- Work within Council's LMS to make course updates and add new material
- Create additional learning materials such as videos, documents, and online resources
- Education and learning support: provide operational and logistical support for educational initiatives
- Acts as a back-up and overflow support for all other initiatives in the program
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the Financial Institutions Act, Council’s Code of Conduct, the Council Rules and other relevant legislation and industry practices
- Liaise with other departments as required
- Other duties and projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in course development, learning and development, or similar
- A passion for and familiarity with educational AI tools and technologies (communication tools, video editing applications, etc.) will be helpful for this position
- High School graduation with two-year post-secondary diploma. An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Computer skills, having proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with web-based learning management systems course development and video creation software
- Curriculum development and education planning skills
- Experience in compliance and regulation is an asset but not required