New Job Diagnostic Specialist In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $37.79–$50.55 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Diagnostic Specialist, you will serve as a subject matter expert in the use of diagnostic tools. You will identify and resolve repetitive diagnostic tool failures and manage an inventory of hardware and software. In this role, you will also identify and coordinate hands-on training to Heavy Equipment Technicians (HET) and Automotive Service Technicians (AST). Primary duties include:
Implement and sustain physical, virtual and remote diagnostics programs by providing recommendations to Foremen and Service Advisors on diagnosed fault codes reported by Technicians, CFOS and third party telematics systems.
Develop training requirements and coordinate training on the use of various vehicle and equipment diagnostic software.
Assist with hands-on diagnosis of vehicles and equipment including: reviewing vehicle health reports, diagnosing faults with telematics systems (e.g.CFOS), and performing diagnosis on breakdown repairs.
Manage knowledge and information sharing on SharePoint to facilitate efficient diagnosis and repair of vehicles and equipment.
Manage diagnostic hardware and software inventory of diagnostics laptops located at various facilities and in mobile service trucks and their related components.
- A Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or equivalent Interprovincial Red Seal (as recognized by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board) and at least 5 years of experience OR;
- A completed 2 year Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma and at least 3 years of experience that includes working with preventative maintenance programs and in the reliability engineering industry.
- Experience working with vehicle and equipment diagnostic tools and software is required.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) is also required.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerits, no current suspensions or charges pending.
- Strong communication, research and troubleshooting skills and the ability to focus on details such as electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and circuits.
Must obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Fleet & Inventory
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 655R 25 Avenue SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 9 $37.79 - 50.55 per hour
Days of Work: This position works Tuesday to Friday,
10 hours per day.
10 hours per day.
Hours of work: Non-standard 40 hour work week
Apply By: May 17, 2023
Job ID #: 307646