New Job Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital In Ontario
|Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital|
Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 174819
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Delivery Lead ensures delivery of software products primarily with API Engineering team within Scotia Digital. The Delivery Lead coordinates development and delivery activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined enterprise delivery framework on release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design).
The primary accountability is the execution of shipping API Services software based on the product roadmaps and technical release plans developed by the Leadership Team. It is also including the identification, escalation and removal of release and team impediments.
The API Engineering team builds API Management product, API Marketplace product and reusable software components and tools that accelerate the development velocity of hundreds of application development teams, provide architecture as code, provide solution design, development, integration, and operational services for enterprise customers.
Is this role right for you?
- Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost and specification definitions.
- Responsible for assembling and implementing project plans.
- Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers across Scotia Digital: PMO, Product Management, Finance, Operations, and all Stakeholders
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software solutions.
- Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
- Regularly communicates with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between team.
- Provide standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
- Identifies team conflict and partners with Scrum Master to resolve. When necessary, escalates conflict to the Leadership Team for support.
- Budget: accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders.
- Tooling: ensures team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc. and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback on individual performance Triad leads with team awareness.
- Engages stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project.
- Administrative: ensures the completion of required forms and processes for Bank-wide release management, including the OR/NIRA process. Maintains vacation schedules and makes resourcing recommendations.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5-8 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified PMI PMP and Certified Scrum master (CSM/PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies
- Working knowledge and experience on JIRA, confluence, Projects, and Office Suite
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions
- Experience of leading through influence and successfully delivery of cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiative
- Bachelor Degree or higher in computer engineering, information sciences, business or other related field is preferred
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.