New Job Clerk B - Timekeeper In Manitoba
|Clerk B - Timekeeper|
Clerk B - Timekeeper
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general direction of the Senior Clerk, HR Records and Pay Systems, the Timekeeper is responsible for administering all aspects of the timekeeping process within the Department.
As the Clerk B - Timekeeper you will:
- Perform the timekeeping function for the assigned area by obtaining information from supervisors.
- Enter timekeeping information as a TK Processor for assigned area into PeopleSoft ESS and manage data in other applications where applicable.
- Approve payroll entries into PeopleSoft ESS for assigned areas.
- Record and reconcile Leave Plans and Compensatory Plans (overtime, shift premium, etc.) in PeopleSoft for the timekeeping areas/employees for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that records for sick, holidays or related absences from work are maintained and monitored for the supervisors and monthly reports supplied to supervisors, or as requested.
- Address HR Timekeeping inquiries from both supervisors and employees.
- Prepare various personnel reports for supervisors, as required.
- Maintain area timekeeping file.
- Manage exceptions in PeopleSoft.
- Process forms for benefits.
- Process pay advances.
- Provide coverage to other timekeeping areas upon request and vacation coverage.
- Provide coverage to Workers Compensation payroll duties upon request and vacation coverage.
- Sort and distribute of pay advices on a bi-weekly basis.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the position as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation, G.E.D. or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook at a basic level.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 40 wpm (net).
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and verify accurate records and files.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Must be able to deal with customers in a courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Good working knowledge of the City of Winnipeg’s collective agreements and Manitoba Employment Standards.
- Knowledge and general understanding of the City’s daily timekeeping function.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft timekeeping system is preferred.
- Ability to deal with matters in a confidential, discreet and logical manner.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.