New Job Campus Director In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $95,000–$105,000 a year
Location : Alberta
Key Objective: Ensure the smooth functioning of the College by providing Human Resources, Administrative leadership and Management to visitors, students, Instructors, and other staff of Brookes College
Brookes College is one of the leading career training institutions in Calgary, Canada. Our commitment to quality education and the success of our students is paramount. At Brookes College, we help busy professionals who want to be more successful in their careers get the qualification they need to move up the career ladder, switch careers, or find a job in an in-demand professional field. We do this by offering accelerated, practical, and flexible programs in professional areas with high growth and high employee demand.
We are now looking for a Campus Director (CD) to join our team. This role will have a strong emphasis on expanding the College’s current program offerings and our future expansion initiatives while being an integral part of our high-performance team, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and providing calm and professional leadership to the staff and students on campus.
Reporting directly to the President, the Campus Director (CD) will provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the business. The CD will effectively communicate the Brookes College vision and business strategy to team members and will motivate and inspire team members to realize the vision and serve as an effective role model for the organization.
The Campus Director is responsible for the management of Brookes College campus by ensuring operational efficiencies and establishing common policy, procedures, and practices across the brand. The Director will also engage in strategic planning and a culture of effectiveness while building business opportunities and partnerships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee leadership, management, profitability, HR and campus administration.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual financial targets through applied skills in forecasting, financial analysis, advancing sales and enrollment, human resources, and technology.
- Monitor compliance to ensure that our college conform to all principles, standards and protocols governing the education sector and consistent with the requirements of the Alberta Ministry of Advanced Education.
- Contribute knowledgeable initiatives and techniques for advancing opportunities for educational programming, online learning and procedures and practices are applied to foster and promote student learning and student success, operational efficiencies, and profitability.
- Meet business revenue generation targets by ensuring key performance indicators, metrics, milestones, and revenue objectives are met.
- Contribute and maintain initiatives for a positive and safe working environment by motivating and engaging Managers and employees and resolving workplace HR issues.
- Monitor and manage the daily operations of a campus when and as required.
Creative Business Development and Expansion
- In consultation with the Executive team members, develop, maintain and execute ongoing business development strategies for Brookes College.
- Identify and execute scale up and growth opportunities that align with our strategic direction.
- Develop and build strategic alliances with government and regulatory stakeholders, and other higher education institutions and colleges within Canada.
- Support strong and effective internal and external relationships that our national and international profile.
- Provide ongoing consultation and advice on project, brand, operational, procedural and any other business matter relating to schools.
- Report as and when required to the President.
- Represent the institutions at business meetings, political and social events, conferences and initiatives as required to promote the interests of the schools.
- Contribute to government reviews of the education sector as required.
- Leadership – accepts feedback from others, gives appropriate recognition to others, demonstrates alignment with departmental and institutional goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen – knowledge of key business drivers impacting the department and the organization to partner with your functional leader to achieve the goals and objectives. Strong business acumen to turn around an organization into a profitable organization.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking – synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs workflows, and procedures.
- Change Management – develops communication and change strategy, supports initiatives to build commitment and to overcome resistance, assists functional leaders in preparing and supporting those affected by change, ability to communicate and execute on changes, assists functional leaders with monitoring transitions and evaluating results.
- Conflict Resolution – highly skilled at deploying the use of inquiry, facilitating communications, and recommending actions for resolving conflicts in a manner that is best for both the organization and the individuals involved, supports the resolution of issues quickly and effectively, keeps all parties informed of the status, encourages employees to report problems or concerns.
- Decisiveness – displays the ability to make well thought-out yet timely business decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Professional Development – commits to his/her professional development and development of others. Motivates and encourages development by identifying skill enhancements opportunities and neutralizing barriers to such development.
- Manages Competing Priorities – handles multiple assignments and priorities fulfilling all expectations and commitments, readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in priorities and/or procedures, gives appropriate attention to and establishes priorities of various departments.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, or Administration. Master’s Degree preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years experience as working in a private career college with faculty, staff and operational oversight.
- Minimum 3 years planning, organizing, and implementing a strategic program.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and academic program design and development.
- Experience implementing academic policy and approval processes.
- Experience hiring, leading, developing, evaluating, and motivating instructional, administrative, and business development staff.
- Experience presenting to stakeholders such as Executive team members, potential partners or investors.
- Experience working with international and domestic student programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3J 4C8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Campus Leadership: 5 years (required)
- Strategic Leadership: 3 years (required)
- HR Management: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-01