New Job Building Mechanical Design Technologist In Alberta
|Building Mechanical Design Technologist
Building Mechanical Design Technologist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
We are currently searching for a Buildings Mechanical Design Technologist in our Edmonton office. As part of our Building Mechanical Team, you will get a chance to work on a range of projects ranging from water treatment plants to NetZero municipal buildings. We will challenge you with unique designs, the opportunity to engage with multi discipline teams, and finding new ways to help ensure our processes adapt to our evolving business.
The successful candidate will work with architects, engineers, and other design technologists to produce engineering drawings of building mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, etc.). You will have the opportunity to develop detailed designs and perform detailed design calculations. The successful candidate will join a dynamic buildings engineering team active on government, institution, industrial, and private sector projects.
- A centrally located office in the heart of downtown Edmonton that is easily accessible.
- A flexible work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal Professional Development program, mentorship programs, training opportunities, professional designation support and a Young Professionals Group.
- An on-site fitness centre accessible to all staff, with full amenities.
- Discounted rates at a neighboring childcare facility.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office, and offers subsidized tickets to local events, such as the Taste of Edmonton.
What you will bring:
- A diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting, Building Environmental Systems Technology, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and knowledge of MEP software.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in computer-aided drafting, modelling, and design of Building Mechanical Services consisting of HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Design experience on commercial and/or industrial projects.
- Knowledge of Alberta Building Codes, National Plumbing Code, ASHRAE Standards, and NFPA Standards.
- Field and construction site review experience is considered an asset.
- LEED certification is considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Committed team player.