New Job Building Manager In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $7,049–$9,165 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
SaskBuilds and Procurement: where infrastructure, procurement, real property, facility management, logistics and information technology meet to enable the Government of Saskatchewan’s Growth Plan and programs and services for citizens and communities.
The Southern Property Management Branch of Saskbuilds and Procurement is seeking a highly-motivated individual to provide leadership and expertise in the area of building management with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in the areas of client-centre service, respect and integrity, excellence and innovation and working as one team. This position is based in Regina.
Reporting to the Director Southern Property Management, the successful individual will need to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Delivery and implementation of the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement’s Strategic Plan, Operations and Service Delivery Division Operational Plan and Southern Property Management Branch Plan in the areas of: contract management and lease administration; building operations and preventative maintenance; energy management; capital planning, capital projects, major maintenance; and security services.
- Leading the development of strong relationships with representatives of government ministries, agencies, municipalities, private sector suppliers, contractors, consultants and the general public.
- Supervising, managing and coaching property management staff with diverse skills and backgrounds including building operators, general trades and maintenance staff.
- Managing the operations of facilities required for various government ministries and agency programs through collaborative working relationships.
- Developing and managing the preparation and execution of building operating, maintenance and capital budgets and plans. Ensuring financial performance is analyzed on a regular basis for informing short- and long-term operational, maintenance and capital planning.
- Engaging with government officials on provincial requirements and guidelines/processes for tenant improvements, evaluating alternatives to meet clients’ needs and working to effectively maximize the use of government space while maintaining a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Developing and performance managing contract and service agreements with private sector companies to deliver a variety of building and maintenance-related services.
- Monitoring lease performance requirements to ensure services provided by the landlord meet the terms of the contract and the client’s needs.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through completion/enrolment in the Real Property Administrative and/or Facilities Management designations. Possession of a valid Firemen's Certificate is considered an asset for the position and may be obtained once hired.
Travel is required.