New Job Associate In New Brunswick
COORDINATES WITH Broker/Managing Director
General Statement of Purpose
The job incumbent or Independent Contractor (“IC”) will be responsible for all areas of commercial leasing, including brokerage, property management and research. The incumbent will also be a key public representative of the company, and assist with daily and long-term objectives. This multifaceted role is accompanied by a great level of responsibility, leadership and confidentiality.
- Listing inventory management, including a thorough understanding of properties listed for lease and sale;
- Building long-term client focused relationships;
- Distribution of property marketing packages, flyers and specialty items with marketing staff;
- Budgeting time for mentorship and assistance with junior sales staff;
- Lead and sales generation via phone, email, face-to-face meetings, etc. on a weekly basis;
- Assisting in the maintenance of a client contact database(s) which includes updating and categorizing key information i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, etc.;
- Distribution of commercial property newsletters on a quarterly basis;
- Market research responsibilities which include contacting Landlords via the phone and email to gather information on vacancies, lease rates, new developments, etc. within the retail market. Coordinating with research staff and head office re: the above to compile formal reports;
- Efficiently manage personal time and selling activity;
- Become familiar with all office equipment and software;
The job incumbent is expected to attend the office from Monday to Friday, approximately 9 AM to 5 PM when possible. Dress code is business casual.
Education and experience: High school education and related business/administration college degree a minimum. Five (5) years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry or related preferred. Knowledge and abilities: Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft office suite, ability to communicate well in a team environment, with staff, coworkers and the public a must.
The incumbent will have the option to purchase company shares within Avison Young Canada Inc., once initiation criteria have been fulfilled, including 4 years of tenure (potentially less), a high level of sales production and nomination by a fellow shareholder. Discussions regarding ownership in Avison Young [Maritimes] Inc. are ‘on the table’ for an undisclosed time in the future.
Avison Young [Maritimes] Inc. is responsible for supplying the IC with specific tools, information, infrastructure and personnel, to successfully perform a high level of sales and leasing service. Breakdown is as follows:
- Private office space
- Office furniture
- Personal printer
- Marketing and research support
- Specialty marketing materials
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Corporate stationery
- Wireless internet
- Email account
- Placement in corporate newsletters & ads