New Job Administrative Assistant (Project) In Saskatchewan
|Administrative Assistant (Project)|
Administrative Assistant (Project)
Company : Louis Dreyfus Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
This position is responsible for assisting with the execution of the expansion project that was recently confirmed for Yorkton LDC. The main function is to support the LDC construction management team. It is expected to perform the work in a temporary construction office/trailer for about 2 years until the permanent facilities are ready.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform all administrative matters regarding the expansion project, including but not limited to printing, scheduling meetings, onboarding contractors, etc.
- Prepare and compose reports, charts, documents, summaries, presentations, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, etc.
- Review and create correspondence and contract documents for accuracy and conformity to policies and procedures.
- Order office supplies and ensure adequate and appropriate inventory.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of LDC databases.
- Collaborate with other administrators for the execution of events, meals, entertainment, etc.
- Support all project resources with the completion and organization of tasks, including but not limited to the Regional Projects Engineering Manager, Project Engineer(s), Safety, Contractors, Plant Manager, HR, etc.
- Assist with preparing and communicating project timelines, schedules, deliverables, deadlines, etc.
- Organize and maintain orderly files of project documentation.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 or more years of professional work experience in a similar role, ideally within construction or operational projects.
- Experience performing financial/mathematical calculations, and possesses a numerical accuracy and attention for detail.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical demands)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in entire Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally and efficiently communicate with different customers, departments and levels of the organization
- Work effectively with minimal direction
- Exceptional grammatical skills, with excellent spelling and note-taking skills
- Adaptable, and able to work with many different personalities and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize work, appointments, meetings, interviews, and conferences while meeting changing timelines and conflicting personal schedules
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes extended hours (up to 50 hours/week- during heavily loaded construction times) to mirror and support the construction teams. Normally, no weekend work will be required unless it’s mutually agreed on.
- Detail-orientated, with strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and manage various daily requirements
- Specific and relevant safety-related certifications, training and educational credentials required.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including extended health care and dental coverage, employee and family assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan with Employer contributions and matching
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid statutory holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
Job Reference JR0067876
Professional Areas Industry
Function Operations, Engineering and Maintenance
Years of Work Experience 3 - 5
Start date 2023-04-26