New Job Administrative Assistant In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $57,466–$66,426 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for one full-time permanent position working 75 hours bi-weekly at the Mayo Health Centre
Reporting to the Primary Health Care Nurse in Charge, this position provides program and administrative assistance to ensure effective and efficient support to programs, services, and Community Nursing activities as they are delivered at the community health center; provides reception services and performs other duties. The Mayo Health Center is a fast-paced environment that requires strong organizational skills.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is providing support to the health care team and the clients while maintaining the legal and ethical bounds of client confidentiality.
In addition to a competitive salary and regular leave (vacation leave, sick leave, special leave, etc.), as a permanent employee and working in the community, you will also have community allowance and travel bonus. There are no accommodations included with this position, so the successful candidate is responsible for locating and securing their own housing.
For more information about this position, please contact Shona Mostyn, Senior Manager, Strategic Operations at [email protected] (do not send your resume here).
For more information about the staffing process, please contact Lovejoy Fulton, Human Resources Manager at [email protected]
For help on how to apply on this competition, please visit our website or if you have questions about creating your e-recruitment profile email [email protected] or phone 867-667-9453.
Please do not email resumes to the email addresses above; applications will only be accepted through the E-Recruitment system. Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible by visiting our E-Recruitment website here
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. Ensure a month/year to month/year format is used for each work experience in order to properly screen your resumes. For additional information on how to apply and a sample, please visit: http://www.employment.gov.yk.ca/how_to_apply.html.
- Experience providing customer service in a high-volume environment, preferably in a health care setting;
- Experience providing a broad range of administrative support in a fast-paced office environment, including collecting and processing financial transactions, e.g. invoicing, arranging, and taking payments;
- Experience maintaining paper and electronic information/records systems including data entry;
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
Candidates who have education, and experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates may be assessed on:
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness;
- Understanding of effective client support and confidentiality;
- Computer skills and working-knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Knowledge of electronic filing and/or patient management systems;
- Ability to adapt to and implement change;
- Ability to provide exceptional customer services and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions to workflow;
- Ability to de-escalate conflict with others;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Conditions of employment:
- TB Screening;
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Clearance;
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
- WHMIS 2015 (within 1 months of hire)
- HIPMA (within one month of hire)
- This position works in an office setting. Extended periods of time are spent working on a computer preparing correspondence, reports, etc. (60% of the time).
- A large part of the job requires the incumbent to work with sensitive, confidential personal information.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: Top 100 employers (2023)
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: The Yukon Life Travel the Yukon
Check us out: Working at the Yukon government