New Job Accounting Clerk In Nova Scotia
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (Primarily in office, 1-day per week at home)
Join Atlantic Canada's leading Executive Search Practice
KBRS has partnered with private, public, and academic organizations for more than 45 years to attract and develop their leadership talent. Our team of executive search professionals are committed to achieving positive results for our clients while providing excellent client and candidate care and fostering a rewarding and collegial team atmosphere. This is an opportunity to join at team of professionals who are motivated, curious, caring, conscientious, energetic, organized, and collaborative.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our team. As the Accounting Clerk, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Accounting and Finance team to ensure the timely processing of transactions. Reporting to the Director of Finance, while providing additional support to the Senior Accountant, you will support the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting and Finance department through leveraging your strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring aging receivables and sending regular reminders to clients.
- Keeping Management and/or Account Managers updated on aging receivables as needed and appropriate.
- Maintaining the collections spreadsheet and reviewing accounts with the Senior Accountant regularly.
- Other duties as required.
- Performing credit card reconciliations in a timely manner with excellent attention to detail.
- Accurately coding and entering invoices into our accounting system.
- Maintaining electronic and paper filing systems.
- Preparing EFT and cheque payments where applicable.
- Assisting with Vendor Management.
- Processing internal and external expense claims.
- Other duties as required.
Your Qualifications Include:
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience. New graduates may be considered from a co-op program where their co-op experience falls within the accounting sector.
- Education in the fields of Business, Commerce, Accounting or Administration in the form of a College Diploma or University Degree is considered an asset.
- You are a highly organized person with an eye for detail.
- As someone who is proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, you enjoy using system capabilities to improve processes.
- You are motivated to achieve results and understand how to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable with technology and enjoy learning.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Jessica Severeyns, HR Generalist at [email protected], or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jessica know.
KBRS is committed to being an organization where diversity and different perspectives are valued. We strive to be an organization that is inclusive, supportive, and reflective of the communities and organizations we serve, and we encourage applications from candidates who identify as part of a traditionally marginalized community.