New Job 3Rd Class Power Engineer, Second Class Plant In Manitoba
|3rd Class Power Engineer, Second Class Plant|
3rd Class Power Engineer, Second Class Plant
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $66,198–$73,774 a year
Location : Manitoba
3rd Class Power Engineer, Second Class Plant
O2E Power Engineer 2nd Class Plant
Department of Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations - District 3, Asset Management
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 40680
Salary(s): O2E $66,198.00 - $73,774.00 per year
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Are you self motivated, energetic, have mechanical aptitude and looking for a rewarding career with excellent benefits, pension, and a chance to grow in Power Engineering? The Department of Consumer Protection and Government Services, Asset Management Division, is currently hiring at the Manitoba Developmental Centre in Portage la Prairie.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Must have a valid 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate recognized by the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner. An underfill may be considered if the candidate has a valid 4th Class Power Engineering certificate issued by Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, with the ability to obtain a 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate within 2 years.
- Must be able to work shift work including weekends and stat holidays.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Persons Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be physically capable of performing the required duties of this position, such as working at heights, medium/heavy lifting, climbing ladder/stairs, walking, crouching and kneeling, wearing all required personal protective equipment, and be able to work in a restricted and/or confined space.
- Experience with High and/or Low Pressure steam plant operation and maintenance as a Shift Power Engineer.
- Experience with HVAC operation and maintenance.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Building Automation Systems (such as DDC) and preventative maintenance.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience testing and recording readings for the Standby Emergency Generators and testing Fire Alarm systems.
Reporting to the Chief Power Engineer, the 3rd Class Power Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a 2nd Class High-Pressure Steam Plant and ancillaries. The Power Engineer is also responsible for responding to alarms, emergencies, and client requests, in addition to performing preventative maintenance and repairing equipment and associated ancillaries.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.