New Job Youth & Recreation Leader In New Brunswick
|Youth & Recreation Leader|
Youth & Recreation Leader
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $16–$19 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Working closely with the Recreation Manager, the Youth and Recreation Leader will be an important asset in the planning and execution of recreational programs and events for all ages in the Town of Saint Andrews.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
· Working at the Community Youth Activity Center to assist the supervisor in the programming and supervision of youth ages 12-18.
· Assist the Manager in the planning and delivery of community events and programs for people of all ages within the local region.
· Ability to work as in a team environment or independently.
· Due to the nature of our recreational offerings, the successful candidate must be willing to work evenings, weekends, or holidays as required.
· Employ inclusive and adaptive programming principles to cater to all participants and resource additional support as deemed necessary.
· Maintain a safe and organized area both during and outside of core programming hours
· Maintain program and facility equipment, during activity set up and tear down in a clean and orderly manner.
· Communicate and enforce guidelines to ensure a safe and controlled environment while paying keen attention to accident/incident prevention.
· Understanding of Child Protection Policies and Practices.
· Act as a coach, teammate and mentor to participants.
· Assume additional duties including training and meetings as required.
· Encourage and engage participants to develop volunteer opportunities within the programs.
Requirements of the role include:
· Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Post-secondary education related to Recreation or youth is considered an asset.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License and a clear driver’s abstract.
· Must be outgoing and a people person as you will be constantly engaging individuals of all ages and abilities.
· Must pass a Criminal Record Check involving the vulnerable sector.
- Enforce safety procedures.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 32 per week
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Andrews, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15
Expected start date: 2023-06-05