New Job Support Assistant B In Ontario
|SUPPORT ASSISTANT B|
SUPPORT ASSISTANT B
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $32.69–$35.83 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 34817
Job Category: Administrative
Division & Section: Solid Waste Management Services, SWM Transfer Stations & Landfill Ops
Work Location: Keele Valley Landfill
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (18 months) Vacancy
Hourly Rate: $32.69 - $35.83
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 14-Apr-2023 to 28-Apr-2023
- Performs varied administrative tasks involving the preparation, research, summary and reconciliation of data and the control and expedition of documents, data, and revenues.
- Prepares and processes documents/ summaries/reports etc. Assesses and analyses data. Drafts correspondence.
- Checks work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policy and procedures and corrects/resolves outstanding/incorrect items. Identifies issues and recommends solutions. Performs complex calculations.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepares presentation material. Utilizes detailed layout and formatting.
- Co-ordinates and maintains a complex record/retrieval system. Maintains supplies inventories.
- Responds to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from senior staff, the public, agencies and other levels of government utilizing in-depth knowledge of procedures, regulations and criteria.
- Receives and pays out cash and cheques, controls, , prepares bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciliations and processes/checks financial payments. Assists with budget administration for unit, provides regular reports for status of capital accounts, PO balances to support ongoing budget management.
- Co-ordinates monthly management meetings, events and schedules. Takes/transcribes minutes
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
Experience with a corporate payroll and time entry system (i.e. SAP)
- Experience in administrative and accounting practices in a customer service oriented environment, including experience coordinating and maintaining a record/retrieval system
- Experience with purchasing and payment in a corporate environment using SAP or equivalent
- Experience in the preparation and formatting of complex reports, charts, graphs and statistical data using office systems including Microsoft Office Suits (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
You must also have:
- Experience with payroll is considered an asset
- Knowledge related to procurement (i.e. DPO, CRO) is considered an asset
- Experience using SAP or an equivalent financial information system is considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service skills with respond to providing accurate information to and communicating with service providers and the general public
- Working knowledge of relevant collective agreement provisions and policies related to payroll and time entry matters
- Sounds business mathematics skills and a working knowledge of general statistical techniques and practiced with the ability to make involved decisions
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solver and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to facilitate interaction with management, employees and representative from various groups, including all levels of staff, councilors, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to set up manual and computerized filing systems in accordance with Corporate Records Management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence and memoranda.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential operational matters.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.