New Job Senior Compliance And Policy Officer In New Brunswick
|Senior Compliance and Policy Officer|
Senior Compliance and Policy Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $61,828–$86,372 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Finance and Treasury Board
Agency Relations Unit
Senior Compliance and Policy Officer, Agency Relations Unit
Pay Band 5
The Department of Finance and Treasury Board (FTB) is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Senior Compliance and Policy Officer in the Agency Relations Unit.
The Agency Relations Unit is responsible for oversight of the provincial agencies operating in the gaming, alcohol and retail cannabis sectors in New Brunswick. The unit has operational responsibilities for two Crown Corporations - the New Brunswick Lotteries and Gaming Corporation (NBLGC) and the Cannabis Management Corporation (CMC) - which includes the oversight and administration of casino gaming service provider agreements for Casino New Brunswick and Grey Rock Casino, as well as the service provider agreement with Cannabis NB for the operation of the retail cannabis network in the province. The unit is also responsible for the oversight and administration of gaming revenue sharing agreements with First Nations, and is the departmental lead for the relationship with the Atlantic Lottery Corporation (ALC).
The Senior Compliance and Policy Officer is responsible to:
- assist with the approval process for the addition or revision of gaming products, equipment, and promotions in accordance with NBLGC standards, policies and regulations under the Gaming Control Act
- oversee reporting and accountability processes for ensuring gaming service providers are in compliance with requirements and obligations under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and regulations;
- participate on Federal/Provincial/Territorial working groups related to the regulation of retail alcohol and cannabis and gaming;
- develop and implement processes, standards and performance metrics for monitoring compliance with service provider agreements, policies, regulations and legislation related to cannabis and gaming;
- monitor the cannabis and gaming sectors for emerging trends and assist with the development of strategies and policies to seize on opportunities and/or mitigate potential risks;
- work with gaming service providers and partners on the ongoing enhancement of responsible gaming materials and resources;
- assist with the development of materials required to support the NBLGC and CMC Boards of Directors;
- support the Director with other assignments or projects that may be assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a University degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively under tight timelines and provide accurate and timely information.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who also demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- Anti-money laundering processes
- Regulatory compliance monitoring
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one, or a combination, of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Relationship/Network Building
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Written Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
Salary: Pay Band 5 $61,828 to $86,372 per annum
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by May 8, 2023, indicating competition number: 10237. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!