New Job Senior Administrative Coordinator In Quebec
|Senior Administrative Coordinator|
Senior Administrative Coordinator
Company : McGill University
Salary : $30.28–$37.52 an hour
Location : Quebec
Please refer to the
How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates)job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Please note the start date for this position is May 1, 2023.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Paul-André Crépeau Centre of Private and Comparative Law, the Senior Administrative Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the Centre as well as contingencies. Makes recommendations to improve the efficiency of the Centre. Provides comprehensive support to ensure the smooth operation of the Centre. Liaises with funding agencies, the Faculty, and the Centre's partners. Please also refer to the MUNACA description.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Be fluent in French and English. Be the memory of the Centre. Be proactive. Maintain links with alumni and friends of the Centre. Oversee the Centre's agenda and tasks to be accomplished, as well as unforeseen events. Assist the Director and Assistant Director with various tasks. Discuss the Centre's projects
and provide ideas for the continuity of the Crépeau Centre. Attend meetings with granting agencies, publishers, etc.
- Proficiency in software and databases: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Banner, Crystal Report, Workday, Canva, Teams, Zoom;
- Prepare and discuss various budgets with the Director and Assistant Director;
- Oversee the accounts of the Crépeau Center funds and do the accounting, prepare reimbursement requests, make deposits, prepare journals and past payroll adjustments;
- Assist in the writing and preparation of grant applications to the granting agencies;
- Prepare activity and financial reports for the granting agencies in collaboration
with the Director and Assistant Director; communicate with the agencies;
- Assist in the organization of workshops, summer seminars, BLG mini-conferences and conferences;
- Supervise students who assist with the conferences;
- Assists in the preparation of Board of Directors meetings and the annual meeting;
- Prepare Job postings for research assistant and researcher positions;
- Responsible for the dictionary database;
- Preparation of the working document for the realization of the third edition of the dictionaries;
- Oversee the process for awarding the Canada Prize;
- Maintain the Centre's website;
- General office work, correspondence, greeting cards, emails.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of French and English. McGill University is an English-language university where day-to-day duties may require English both verbally and in writing.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Hours per Week:
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence,