New Job Respite Coordinator In Manitoba
Company : Southeast Resource Development Council Corp.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Jordan’s Principle Tribal Coordinator the Respite Coordinator assists respite workers, case managers, individuals, families, and communities to identify and deal with any denials, delays, disruptions of public services ordinarily available to children. The Jordan’s Principle – Respite Coordinator is responsible to ensure the highest standards in programming and delivery are maintained for SERDC children on and off reserve enrolled in the Jordan’s Principle Program.
- Monitor and supervise respite workers; Identify issues and/or concerns and inform the JP Tribal Coordinator and Case Managers.
- Preparing reports for funder and liaising with referring sources; ensuring reports are completed as requested and required.
- Determine the type of respite service and assign to respite worker, considering which worker is suitable and able to provide service.
- Prepare, organize, edit, and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, reports, statements, forms and other documents presented.
- Coordinate the schedules for respite staff and ensure the referral for service is clearly explained to them.
- Arrange and keep records for travel reservations (i.e. air, car, rental hotel, tec.) for Jordan’s Principle Team/Families and Community Staff according to travel authorizations and policies.
- Organize events, arrange for travel as required, complete cheque requisitions, informs participants, keeps records for special events as required and requested.
- At times work independently and working diligently in a team setting toward achieving collective goals for the program.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and submitting for payment for Specialized Therapies.
- Promote and advertise the program, which may include participation in health fairs and other public health related events.
- Liaise/maintain contact with other service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on client’s overall progress.
- Prepare and provide reports monthly and as requested to meet deadlines/funding requirements.
- Record information gathered for reporting & quality improvement purposes
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Counseling Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Respite Worker Coordinator or experience working with families from a strength-based, solution perspective.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to exercise sound judgement and good decision-making with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and excellent written communication skills.
- Combination of education and experience as determined by SERDC.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous culture.
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Local Health Care Systems.
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Local funding models for Education, Health and Social Services.
- Knowledge of Non-Insured Health Funding process(s).
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures, must be willing to travel as required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Knowledge of SERDC and its member First Nations, organizations, and programs.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills, work well under pressure and respond to conflicting priorities.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
- CPR/First Aid, Crisis Intervention Training Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to speak Ojibwe an asset
SERDC recognizes the importance of building an exemplary service delivery organization that is equal, inclusive, and reflective of the population it serves. Preference will be given to qualified SERDC or First Nation members who voluntarily self-declare in their application.
***Reasonable accommodation is available upon applicant request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however we will only be contacting candidates selected for interviews.
Position is open until filled