New Job Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic In Alberta
|Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic|
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $47.08 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1868
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Public Works, Facilities
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL12
Market Rate*: $ 53.92
Evaluated Rate**: $ 47.08
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 16/04/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
- This position's pay rate has been adjusted to reflect current market conditions.
** All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, performs skilled journeyperson Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic work. The work involves preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation/dismantling of systems and projects; and troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairs of municipal equipment rated up to 400,000 BTU. Incumbent will be responsible for inspecting the work of contractors and demonstrating sound judgment/working toward reducing errors to prevent unsafe and deteriorated equipment, health and safety risks to the public, and liabilities to the municipality. Position exercises considerable degree of independent judgment although the work is subject to inspection.
Monitors the environmental and systems status of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and associated systems within various buildings on an ongoing basis and adjusts direct digital control systems in accordance with conditions.
- Prepares reports on the performance of the system.
- Responds to equipment malfunctions by initiating the appropriate diagnostic procedures, determining remedial steps to be taken in order to resolve the problem and performing necessary repairs as required.
- Initiates the repair of systems and components by outside contractors, manufacturer representatives, or other outside sources when necessary.
- Establishes and maintains energy conservation and other automated procedures to optimize the comfort and economy within buildings.
- Performs both routine and emergency boiler and associated heating system repairs and maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairing of refrigeration and air conditioning units, appliances and accessories designed for the utilization of natural or propane gas as a fuel for heating or cooling that do not exceed 400,000 BTUs.
- Performs chiller and cooling tower operations and maintenance procedures.
- Ensures the safety of all personnel and building users during maintenance and repair procedures.
- Provides inspectional and diagnostic services on mechanical and associated building systems, compiling reports as necessary.
- Maintains an inventory of spare parts, tools, maintenance equipment, etc. and orders additional equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Trains other personnel on the appropriate operations, adjustments, diagnostic and other procedures related to the direct digital control operation of building systems.
- Demonstrates the use of control systems and conducts seminars and tours on building automation systems as required.
- Provides direct digital control automation expertise to planning of other projects.
- Maintain all facility log books as departmental requirements.
- May be required to attain pertinent permits prior to work.
- Provides guidance and assistance to apprentices and other municipal employees as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of direct digital control automation systems and how to provide optimum building environmental comfort and energy conservation through the use of control systems.
- Ability to respond to equipment malfunctions by diagnosing the problem and initiating appropriate remedial procedures and repairs.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively schedule work in order to meet service demands and minimize disruption to building users.
- Knowledge of the specific heating, ventilation, refrigeration, pneumatic and electronic systems control, and associated equipment and systems that provide environmental conditions necessary for building operations.
- Skilled in the use of repair tools and equipment for servicing and repairing a wide range of building system malfunctions.
- Ability to learn and apply computing skills to the working environment, including proficiency with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to prioritize in case of emergencies.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, sketches, and blueprints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified journeyperson in the trade of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic is required.
- Three (3) years of journeyperson experience in the trade of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic is required.
- Experience in municipal operations is preferred.
- Ability and interest to obtain Gasfitter-A certification is preferred for internal progression.
Able to provide a Criminal Record Check with the ability to acquire and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance for employees working within the RCMP facilities.
- A valid Class Five (5) Operator’s License is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to work outside in all conditions.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended for work in unsanitary conditions.
- Must be willing to undertake standby service on a rotating basis as required.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.