New Job Project Manager, Bridges In Alberta
|Project Manager, Bridges|
Project Manager, Bridges
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
We are currently searching for a Project Manager in our Edmonton office.
You will become an integral part of the Transportation Structures Group and will be responsible for undertaking project management of major and standard bridge projects for a variety of public and private sector clients. Our group is a vibrant, growing team with a passion for supporting the communities in which we live and work with technical expertise and a collaborative design philosophy. Our project teams are proud to have contributed to recent projects such as Edmonton’s Valley Line South LRT project, Southwest Anthony Henday Drive Upgrades, and 170th Street Pedestrian Bridge at West Edmonton Mall. You will work with the team to lead design teams while managing projects within the defined budget, and quality requirements. There is also an opportunity to continue to develop your technical skills and undertake structural engineering design.
What we offer:
- A centrally located office in the heart of downtown Edmonton that is easily accessible.
- A flexible work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal Professional Development program, mentorship programs, training opportunities, professional designation support and a Young Professionals Group.
- An on-site fitness centre accessible to all staff, with full amenities.
- Discounted rates at a neighboring childcare facility.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office, and offers subsidized tickets to local events, such as the Taste of Edmonton.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, designing, and providing technical expertise on bridges and culvert projects.
- Guiding the project team through the preparation of technical reports to support the project deliverables and ensure the project and client needs are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Preparing engineering fee estimates.
- Monitoring, controlling, and reporting project status internally and externally.
- Preparing proposals and participating in business development/marketing initiatives for the group.
- Applying Project Management principles to effectively motivate and guide project teams.
What you will bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university; post-graduate degree in Structural Engineering or Project Management is an asset.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with APEGA.
- 8+ years’ progressive experience in Structural engineering and/or project management.
- Proven project management experience.
- Technical expertise in the design and construction of bridges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage budget and schedule delivery.
- Superior planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Committed team player and highly self-motivated.
- Related experience with Alberta Transportation and City of Edmonton is an asset.
- This position will require occasional travel.
- Valid driver’s license.