New Job Program Coordinator - Fitness In Ontario
|Program Coordinator - Fitness|
Program Coordinator - Fitness
Company : Town of Newmarket
Salary : $22.17–$23.52 an hour
Location : Ontario
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Program Coordinator assists the respective Recreation Programmers with the development, implementation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of programs and events including supervising and coaching part-time staff and volunteers. This role will assist the Recreation Programmer to increase awareness and encourage community participation in programs and events at the Town’s recreational facilities.
1. Post-secondary diploma in Recreation or a directly related field combined with 2 or more years’ experience working in recreation programs or equivalent experience.
2. Advanced demonstrated effective leadership in recreation planning/programming (i.e. youth, camps, seniors, aquatics, fitness, events, culture, etc.) that includes supervision of staff.
3. Experience in recruitment and selection procedures, payroll processes and e-recruit software.
4. Strong customer service skills with an ability to maintain composure regardless of the demands of the environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal, public relations, organizational and supervisory skills.
6. Experience and strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
7. Working knowledge of various computer systems related to report preparation, spreadsheet applications, graphics, registration systems, contract development, financial reconciliation, scheduling systems and Microsoft Office. CLASS experience is an asset.
8. Knowledge of applicable legislation, bylaws, legal proceedings and the ability to interpret legislation such as Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act.
9. Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
10. Current HIGH FIVE® (Principles of Healthy Child Development), current NLS (National Lifeguard Service), LSS Instructor/Swim Instructor, AST (Aquatic Supervisor Training) awards/certifications depending on the program portfolio are an asset.
11. Crisis Prevention and Intervention or Safe Management certification or equivalent is an asset.
12. Class G Driver’s Licence in good standing and a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
13. Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
14. Availability/flexibility to work evenings, weekends, special events, and at different sites of which 50% - 70% of time is during evenings and weekends.