New Job Office Support Clerk Iii In British Columbia
|Office Support Clerk III|
Office Support Clerk III
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.87–$31.56 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 38355
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Office Support Clerk III performs a variety of administrative/clerical work while working independently and as part of a team at the Vancouver Landfill in Delta / Vancouver South Transfer Station.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters, reviews and validates time entry reports in SAP and updates personnel files.
- Prepares, distributes and photocopies files and documents.
- Organizes efficient and economical travel arrangements, calculates the estimated expenses to be incurred, and prepares necessary documentation.
- Coordinates meetings and logistics (e.g. scheduling attendees, room procurement, equipment, food/refreshments and minute taking/compiling/distribution).
- Drafts correspondence, agendas, minutes, e-mails. Tracks and follows up on correspondence and other types of inquiries ensuring that responses to requests for information from the public, Mayor and Council, and other City departments are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares and tracks ESAFs and position numbers for the branch.
- Compiles first aid/HCO/time loss statistics.
- Processes and maintains WCB and sick leave records.
- Maintains Driver Services incident records.
- Processes compost sales, billing and reconciliation including collection calls for overdue accounts.
- Processes accounts receivable billing as well as accounts payable functions.
- Initiates and monitors SuccessFactors postings.
- Creates and manages VanDocs containers.
- Creates and manages Hansen network numbers.
- Performs purchasing card reconciliation.
- Manages janitorial/coverall account.
- Processes equipment billing.
- Processes Journal Voucher entries in SAP.
- Manages content uploads on TV screens.
- Manages branch tour bookings.
- Manages office supply ordering.
- Manages branch organizational chart.
- Manages staff training requests for the branch.
- Responds to public and 311 cases and general enquiries.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by courses or related experience in business, accounting or office administration and sound related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of office administration practices and procedures, including basic bookkeeping and time entry activities.
- Skilled in typing (keyboarding) rapidly and accurately (including numerically).
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team setting.
- Ability to assign and review the work of a small group of subordinates engaged in office support functions.
- Ability to plan and organize work priorities successfully, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work, with frequent interruptions and changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound and fair judgment, discretion and tact.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient in the use of software applications and databases such as Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SAP).
- Sound knowledge of solid waste and recyclable materials management practices in BC is an asset.
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: May 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: April 23, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10 minutes. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a summary of skills and experience related to the position.